Cabelas Interceptor bows

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
ranwin33

RE: Cabelas Interceptor bows

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:21 am

ORIGINAL: mhouck06

I recently purchased a new bow and I shot many bows and many of them were Diamonds. I didnt end up going with one, but I sure did like how the black ice shot. Diamonds are made by BowTech and they make excelent bows. If I was looking for a back up, I would have no problem getting a Diamond. If you are looking for just a back up tho. I would also take a look at the Fred Bear bows. Some of there middle of the road ones (a little cheaper price) are not too bad. I noticed that some of them have a cam system similar to the darton's, which are pretty nice. Its like everyone says tho. shoot til you find one that feels good.

What did you end up buying?

peepsight

RE: Cabelas Interceptor bows

Postby peepsight » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:53 pm

As someone who never thought that they would ever spend more than $500.00 for a new bow, I am glad that I did buy a new Bowtech "Old Glory".  That bow shot so very well for me that if you have read my other posts, you will see that I no longer need a pin for anything 30 yards and under. [:)]
      I have also shot the new Diamond Black Ice, as a "why not?" at my local bow shop, and had to give it back to them, because I was seriously contemplating how I could afford to own two bows, when I haven't even baptised the first with a kill yet.  I would check out the new Marquis, because in the latest version of Cabela's Archery wish book, you will see that it has a string suppressor on the cable guard, and a bearing in place of the slide.  If you can get to another bowshop in the next town, perhaps you could shoot one of those there.  If you get onto Bowtecharchery.com, I think you can do a locator and find a store that is close to you. 
   Hope that this helps.
           Peepsight.

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting