New Bow Question

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
larry w.

RE: New Bow Question

Postby larry w. » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:42 am

before you go out and spend the money on any bow, try difrint one's and see wat feels best to. after trying some out ,try shooting a hoyt. you mite pay a little bit more for it but you wont have to worry about repairs any more, they all come with a lifetime warnty.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:27 pm

ORIGINAL: maddogavn

Hey ya'll,

Thanks for all of your input. I go on leave back to the GREAT United States here soon and I am going to visit a bow shop and shoot several bows.

Thanks again
              SGT Mark

Well, good luck with it and post on here what ya got and how it works out.  And thanks for keeping the country safe and making it possible for us to even have this debate.  Your work may seem pretty mundane to you, but make no mistake, you are a true hero.  Many of us on this site recognize that.

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:54 am

when you try em out...try not to look at the brand and go solely by feel. Way too many people worry about what Billy-bob shoots instead of what is right for them. Stay away from the General, they are poppin left and right and finally have a recall on them. IMO you cant beat a Martin compound, but thats just my opinion.
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 pm

Hey Sarge, I bought a new bow this spring and I spent nearly a month shooting all kinds of bows. I had it narrowed down to Bowtech General, Mathews DXT, and Diamond Marquis. I was also impressed with Bowtech 101st Airborne and Diamond "The Rock" (My vote for "best value" at $399, Martin Bengal was close second). But if you can get any bow for $500, then deinitely get a General or Marquis. The General is, by far, the quietest bow I have ever heard... bar none. It's shockingly quiet! I eventually bought the Marquis because it is a little faster and almost as quiet as the General. Plus, it just felt right in my hands and has no, and I mean NO recoil or bounce. That DXT was real nice though, too. Anyway, Have fun trying to pick just one! They're all Cadillacs compared to what we had just 5 years ago.

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:29 pm

I did also try a Hoyt Katera at one pro shop and it was really nice too. Smooth and FAASST!. I thought the PSE X-Force Dream Season was a little over-rated, but fast, and nice anyway. I hadn't heard anything about a General recall. You need to try that bow anyway, it's incredible.

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:38 am

"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting