New Bow Question

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
maddogavn

New Bow Question

Postby maddogavn » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:44 am

Hey ya'll. I have a question to ask. I am in a position to buy a new bow and I wanted to get some real reviews and personal opinions.

First I am going with Bowtech. I am deployed with the Army and they are offering deployed soldiers a great deal. $500 any bow they or Diamond make plus a few accessories.

Second it is either the 82nd Airborne or the General.

I would like to hear from all of ya'll on thses two bows.

Thanks
                      SGT Mark

stumpsitter66

RE: New Bow Question

Postby stumpsitter66 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:09 am

SGT Mark, First off: Thank you for your service. We all salute you, sir. As for your bow-tech questions, I have only shot their Guardian model. It is impressive. Very fast and one of the quietest bows I have ever shot. Not familiar with the two you asked about though. Sorry about that. But I honestly don't think you can go wrong with a Bow Tech. All the reviews I have heard have been positive. SS66

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:10 am

I don't shoot a Bowtech but I am an Admin on a site where there are many many Bowtech shooters . Many of them rate the Guardain at best . The Diamond , manufactured by Bowtech , is a lower price line and they seem to rave about the "Black Ice " . I have no idea what the price ranges are .
Another great bow to consider is , ROSS which is now owned by Bowtech .
I have only shot a couple arrows with the BT Guardian and don't own any of their products .

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:30 am

SGT Mark,

I own a General and it the the smoothest, quietest bow I have ever shot.  I highly recommend it.  Especially if it is only $500!!!

If you can wait till you get back in country to buy it, the best thing to do is go to the bow shop and shoot everything you are interested in.  Then pick which one shoots best for you!

Thanks for keeping us safe!
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:44 am

Hey Sgt Mark, I shoot a bowtech guardian, i just bought it this winter. the general is very similar, they are built almost the same, with a few upgrades, like a string stopper and rollers instead of a cable slide. i love my guardian, the best shooting bow i have ever shot. it is quiet beyond quiet. i put a string stopper on my guardian, as the guardians dont come with them like the general does, but i dont actually think it made a difference. the bow was already so quiet that the need for after market vibration dampers is almost useless. hand shock is non-existant, which was a huge reason i went with it. it draws back smoothly, good solid back wall, and is very consistant. the grip is excellent, small and slides right into the same spot in your palm every time, never a worry about bow torque. i would expect you would get all these same qualities from the general, being that they are very similar. i have not shot the other bowtech you are looking at, but it's a bowtech, anything you get will be the best quality and shoot great. i would just shoot both of them and see which one feels better to you. you will get great performance from either one, so just go with the one that shoots more comfortably for ya.

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:32 am

I bought the airborne 101, longer brace height thant the 82nd, I need the forgiveness.  I am in love with it. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't want my wife to know I bought it, it would be in bed with us. Seriously, I am getting great grouping, very quiet, easy pull.  Plus a portion of each bow purchased in the Airborne line goes to families of servicemen we have lost. We are thinking of you and thanks.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:39 am

thanks for your service i hear there is a problem with the general ,limbs are snapping its being recalled.I shoot mathews but know many bowtech guys and they love em
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Just try every different bow you can, and buy the one that feels best.  Dont get too tied up in the name on the limbs.  That doesn't mean crap when that big buck is walking by your stand.  In that instance, you want the bow that you shoot the best.  Try as many as you can.  You might be surprised at what works out best for you.  Bowtech makes a lot of great bows, but they aren't the only game in town.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:41 pm

I like DaneDads opinion....try shooting several Bows and get the one that feels and shoots the best for YOU!

P.S. Thank You for Your service of protecting our Country!

maddogavn

Postby maddogavn » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:42 am

Hey ya'll,

Thanks for all of your input. I go on leave back to the GREAT United States here soon and I am going to visit a bow shop and shoot several bows.

Thanks again
               SGT Mark

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting