snake boots

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
13wareagle

snake boots

Postby 13wareagle » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:26 am

I'm in the market for some snakeboots.I mainly whitetail hunt and I just started bow hunting here in Alabama,very,very hot and snakey!!!I need to know what the best boots for early season hunting would be.I want to be as scent-free as can be,so if there are some good uninsulated rubber snakeboots that  really work please let me know.

howhill1

RE: snake boots

Postby howhill1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 am

checkout cabelas. i know theyve gotem. gander mountain has mail order again now as well. i bought a pair of lacross snake boots on ebay for less tha $50. i wear em turkey hunting. very comfortable.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:24 am

If I had the money I would by Mucky boots or Lacrosse. Downside is they can be quite warm for our environment
I need a pair as well since we hunt the swamp here in Florida.
I am just taking the chance right now and have a pair of Itasca waterproof boots.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:42 am

I tried using snake boots once, but I had to get the darn things so TINY that I flat-couldn't tie the laces!

Besides, the darn snake wouldn't hold still for me......
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:51 am

i DO NOT do snakes. anything that moves that fast without feet is the work of the devil and i want no part of it.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:56 am

ide go lacrosse for surei own both muck & lacrosse & in my opinion muck boots dont compare the only problem with rubber snake boots is they are super heavy i own a pair of danner snake boots for turkey hunting & they are super nice but kind of pricy one more thing dont skimp on your boots if they dont fit properly or are uncomfortable they can cut your hunt short
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Return to Archery and Bowhunting