how often ????

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
bckklr

how often ????

Postby bckklr » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:16 am

how often does everyone shoot ?how many per session?elevated or ground level?
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Highlander Archery

RE: how often ????

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:24 am

You should only shoot 30 to 40 arrows per session, to the best of your ability. Practice should also be done from all positions you intend to hunt from. One day practice from the ground, the next elevated.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:25 am

ORIGINAL: Highlander Archery

You should only shoot 30 to 40 arrows per session, to the best of your ability. Practice should also be done from all positions you intend to hunt from. One day practice from the ground, the next elevated.

30 to 40 a session sounds like a lot to me.........

Isn`t proper form more important than number of shots? Can most people really shoot that number of shots and have the strength to retain form?

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:27 am

i try to practice as often as possible ,every day or every other day .i try to pick up the bow and nail the bullseye with the first shot,then i fling about 40 arrows.Im limited in space since im indoors .tomorrow im goig to set my 30 trd pin and do some stand shooting,thinking of buying some 3-d targets also
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:34 pm

couple of times a week... till I'm tired. I'll start shooting from an elevated deck in a week or so.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:06 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

30 to 40 a session sounds like a lot to me.........

I shot 40 the other day.
I swear I got better the last 15.
That's not gonna help me however in a tree.

Your right, you have to focus and make all the shots count. Imagine each shot is "the one"
{I was however battling the bow/site being off the first 15 or so shots.}
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:56 pm

I shoot 20 arrows every other day some standing some sitting and some from a knee. I also shoot some arrows in low light conditions helps for the early mornings. if have time I will pull the climber out and shoot from the tree stand I will be using in the field.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:22 am

Due to weather lately just a couple of times a week ...but its from a stand.....I shoot five arrows ...get them shoot five more ...move taget repeat 2x's...move target...ect until I've shot 10...15...20...25yrds...by that time I'm to tired to climb that darn 16ft ladder again...lol...good weather...ever other day ...so I dont wear out this old shoulder....or knees

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:53 am

To tell you the truth it depends on the shooter. Me personelly I like to shoot 3-4 times a week, but with a toddler at home.... when I can. I practice from the ground, stand, my knees, laying on my back, and on my belly. As for the number of arrows, I don't know an hours worth. Today I shot alot mainly at 30, 35, and 40 yards with broadheads. I don't think there's any rules, rules then again are ment to be broken. Shoot until your just starting to getting tired then stop. Other wise you start getting sloppy shots which can mess with you confidents.

Happy shooting

hunting GA

Postby hunting GA » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:30 am

I like to shoot starting in the spring 4 or 5 times a week, 20 to 50 arrows depending on the time I have.If I get tired or start to shake a bit I will go and let the dog out or do something else for a while.I have my 20, 30 and 40 yards marked. I start there then move from one side of the yard to the other taking shots in new places to see how I do.I like to shoot a lot of arrows because it gets my body in shape to draw easy and slowly and to hold steady longer.I also try to practice at 40 yards mostly which make 20 and 30 seem like easy shots.Also if you can find someone to shoot with you will have a small break between your shots, or they can get your arrows for you if you are shooting from a stand.

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting