string and cable replacement.

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
mag30079

string and cable replacement.

Postby mag30079 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 am

Now that the season is over it time to get all my equipment ready for next season. Starting with my bow, my sting and cables are first on my list. In the past I have always bought Winners choice stings and cables, but the price is high. I've been looking at other brands such as Zebra. Also a bow tech friend of mine mentioned custom strings and cables a friend of his makes.
What does everyone like to use?

Thanks
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

krawiech

RE: string and cable replacement.

Postby krawiech » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:31 am

i only use original equiptment no guesswork on will it fit the quality for me has allways been adequate if it aint broke dont fix it i did service work on heating amnd air conditioning equiptment and some of the add ons use to quite literally almost killed me i also believe in bringing it to a pro shop or if possible shipping it back to the manufacturer who knows their equiptment better than them just my opinion hank k

MoBowman

Postby MoBowman » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:10 am

No factory strings hold a candle to a quality custom set of strings. I have used several different types and the ones I always go back to is the Vapor Trail strings. Order them in the colors you want and they are delivered within a week. Set of string and cables runs about $75. Can't beat em.
Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass it on
www.Missouriwhitetails.com

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:48 am

I use factory only as well, the bow tech I go to tells me when I need them replaced. Only thing I can think of if your not using factory is the warrenty sometimes companies won't fix limbs if custom strings are added gotta look online and see what people have said.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Gotta agree with Vapor Trail strings and cables.

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:13 am

when i bring my bow in for service i expect him to go over the complete bow if he doesnot do this i wont let him work on my bow in some instantces i ship it back to the manufacturer they have in certain provided upgrades usually safety related at no charge hank k

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:20 am

Thank you everyone. I agree the factory stuff is the way to go, but I'm gonna try the Vapor trail string and cables. Nice quality stuff.
In 2 years maybe I'll order again.
Thanks
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

Return to Archery and Bowhunting