Patriot, Jr. needs arrows - advice needed.

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Patriot

Patriot, Jr. needs arrows - advice needed.

Postby Patriot » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:04 pm

Hello all,
Patriot, Jr. (age 10) is growing up in front of your eyes. 

Just got him a new Mission Menace bow for Christmas/birthday.  Next are arrows, release, sight, arrow rest, quiver, stabilizer, case, etc.  Yikes!

First off are arrows.  I'm more of a "hunter" vs. "archer".  I'm sure many of you know your arrows and can offer advice in terms of brands and what to look for.  This is all new ground for me.  I've only had to worry about myself for the first 22 years of my hunting life.

So...what do you think is the best option?  He most likely will not hunt for another year or two, so the arrows don't need to necessarily be killers....just need to fly straight.

I will, of course, take him to the archery pro shop, but want to give you all "first dibs" on advice.

Thanks all!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Highlander Archery

RE: Patriot, Jr. needs arrows - advice needed.

Postby Highlander Archery » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Victory Archery makes great arrows and their prices are reasonable.

Cut N Run

RE: Patriot, Jr. needs arrows - advice needed.

Postby Cut N Run » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:00 pm

Patriot, You might consider getting some carbon arrows. I have limited experience with them, but have found them way more durable than aluminum and less likely to warp or take a set like wood can. They will be more expensive up front, though they'll last for a long time. He can graduate from field points to broadheads without having to change the arrows.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Return to Archery and Bowhunting