Peepless Sight

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
TheTrollop

Peepless Sight

Postby TheTrollop » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 am

I've been interested in getting a new sight for my bow and the Truglo Powerdot peepless sight caught my eye. Has anyone shot with this and how does it compare? Its getting close to the archery season here in the northern tier of NY so I want to make my decision soon.

msbadger

RE: Peepless Sight

Postby msbadger » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:40 am

I can't say I have but I am using the "Peep Eliminator" sight and love it...it's
similar to a rifle sight http://www.peepeliminator.com

easports

Postby easports » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:51 am

I also was interested in this sight for my son's bow. I talked to some guys at a local Matthews shop regarding this particular sight and the response was poor. The comments were it was difficult to see in low light conditions. I don't know….never tried it myself. If you get any additional information, let me know what you hear.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:53 am

Has anyone ever used or heard of a HINDSIGHT its also a peepless sight!

I checked on the one msbadger was useing, and then came across the hindsight.

google Hindsight it will come up

Its time to get RID of the peeper

bobow

Postby bobow » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:29 pm

I also was interested in this sight for my son's bow. I talked to some guys at a local Matthews shop regarding this particular sight and the response was poor. The comments were it was difficult to see in low light conditions. I don't know….never tried it myself. If you get any additional information, let me know what you hear.

I was looking over the Tru Glo sight at Cabela's and the reviews were in the same vein.  The comments seem to say in high light conditions the dot could not be seen.  Another issue was the weight.

I have been thinking about a peepless sight lately since I changed the rubber tubing that cracked & broke with the "new & improved" silicone tubing that is not supposed to crack or rot.  They lied to me.  It broke for the third time tonight just as I was releasing a shot (practice).  I have just enough tension to turn the peep so I don't know what is going on.  I too am tired of the peep sight [:@]

I have been looking at the Hind Sight that Gulfcapt mentioned.  Tonight I ordered the Cross Fire 3 pin.  I wanted a light since I hunt in a dark pop up blind and even cloudy days can be a problem. 

I have a problem with my 5 pin sight mount stripping out and after the tubing broke again I have had enough [:'(]

I thank my kids and grand kids for the gift certificate I have been holding on to since January [:)]

I hope I can get it installed and sighted in by next weekend for practice.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Grey Haired Bow

Postby Grey Haired Bow » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:55 pm

[font="times new roman"]
I don't use a peep site I have the Compound bow Rifle Sight. With Trophy Ridge 5 pin vertical sights. Just love it, have improved my groups and added 10 more yards of distance with confidence, increased sight picture. I also have the Hind- site, used it for many years,. Have several bows set up with it.[/b]
They both are teachable; any one can pick up the bow and shoot. My grandchildren are now hooked.[/b]

[/font][/b]
[/b]
"You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do... the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."- General George S Patton

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 am

Grey Haired Bow! Between the 2 sights which one do you perfer? I have never used either, and Im wanting to buy one or the other... Im tired of the peep in low light situations
ORIGINAL: Grey Haired Bow

[font="times new roman"]
I don't use a peep site I have the Compound bow Rifle Sight. With Trophy Ridge 5 pin vertical sights. Just love it, have improved my groups and added 10 more yards of distance with confidence, increased sight picture. I also have the Hind- site, used it for many years,. Have several bows set up with it.[/b]
They both are teachable; any one can pick up the bow and shoot. My grandchildren are now hooked.[/b]
[/font][/b]
[/b]

Wolf River Hunter

Postby Wolf River Hunter » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:34 pm

I use the peep eliminator (rifle sight) and absolutely love it.
I'd rather drag out a 4 pointer with my father than a 10 pointer alone.

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:41 pm

thank you wolf!
ORIGINAL: Wolf River Hunter

I use the peep eliminator (rifle sight) and absolutely love it.

bobow

Postby bobow » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:03 am

I finally got my Hind Sight 3 pin mounted and sighted in.  Once sighted in it forces me to use the same anchor point.

One thing I should have done was leave the the peep sight in longer to get close as is recommended.

Practicing at 40 yards is easy compared to what it was with the peep sight.  The 20 yard shots are much tighter groups.

Since I don't plan on shooting more than 25 yards in a hunting situation I am pleased so far with the results.
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting