Judo Points

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
bobow

Re: Judo Points

Postby bobow » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Woods Walker wrote:HA! I'll bet you weren't wearing your RealTree "Mid-Summer Pattern" camo!

You are correct! Gray shorts, white T shirt and no scent control. What the hell was I thinking?

Is there such a thing as Living Room Camo? I was standing at the patio door inside the house. Maybe I should have shot through the screen door? :lol:
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31 pm

"Living room camo"...........Like this???
Attachments
CamouflageCouch.jpg
CamouflageCouch.jpg (116.33 KiB) Viewed 531 times
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

bobow

Postby bobow » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:04 pm

Woods Walker wrote:"Living room camo"...........Like this???

Yep, that is what I needed I guess if I was hunting off the couch! :D

I guess I had better put that on my wish list for next year's gopher season ;)
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:19 pm

whats the difference using these types of tips rather than just using field tips? I am still very confused on the judo points!! lol..

bobow

Postby bobow » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:12 pm

rmontez wrote:whats the difference using these types of tips rather than just using field tips? I am still very confused on the judo points!! lol..

Did you get a look at the Zwickey Judo Points? They have kind of a blunt end but the real trick is the four spring loaded arms. They keep them from digging in & loosing them. Sometimes they pop up for me but for the most part they stay on top of the ground & don't burrow. I have yet to loose an arrow with these things.

Here is a link that has a pretty good picture: http://www.bowhuntingstuff.com/product/JUDO/Zwickey-Judo-Points-for-Arrows.html

As WW mentioned before, your whole backyard is a target as long as you don't hit something real hard like a rock or cement.

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:02 pm

ok now I understand the purpose of them, thanks for explaining that to me. I'll have to invest in some for backyard shooting!

Thanks again.

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting