nap quiktune sissors rest

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
DBogie59

nap quiktune sissors rest

Postby DBogie59 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Has anyone tried this rest? I'm looking at this rest or the trophy ridge revolution but the tr rev. does not come in lefthanded. Any thoughts.

charlie 01

Re: nap quiktune sissors rest

Postby charlie 01 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Haven't tried that NAP sissor rest, or know of anyone useing it. But I did find something interesting. Cabela's archery catalog for 2011 shows theTrophy Ridge revolution as right hand only, While the Bass Pro archery 2011 catalog says right or left hand ordering for that very same revolution (standard rest). I never noticed before how many rests are for right hand only. I was going to recommend the NAP "Apache drop away" that I started useing last year, and so well pleased with it put it on my back up bow too. But I see that is right hand only too. Check out Bass Pro.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

DBogie59

Postby DBogie59 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:34 pm

The nap is available in left or right. The revolution won't be available in lefty until August. Kind of surprising to not release a rest until a month before the hunting season.

rmontez

Postby rmontez » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:21 pm

I use a schaffer which is a little similar? One problem I have with mine is if I squeeze the arms closed with my fingers the string bunches up so I either have to to leave the arms open and let them squeeze together when I draw the bow or I have to pull the string to close the arms.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:42 pm

rmontez, that sounds like a problem you should get corrected or just plain change the rest. I can't stand haveing equipment that does not work as it should. Some where down the line it could be a bigger problem. There is no horror like haveing something go wrong when your into the season. That's one reason I always have a back up bow that is pretty much the same in every aspect. Don't want to miss a day.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to Archery and Bowhunting