From NEW to OLD!

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Michigan Archer

From NEW to OLD!

Postby Michigan Archer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 pm

I am new to the site and this is my first post. I'm an avid Michigan Bow hunter at the ripe ol' age of 26. I have filled my freezer for the last ten years with venison during the archery season and I'm trying a new approach! With new bows shooting over 300fps, fall away rest, high tech sights and other great advances I have decided to take a step away from all of that this fall.

I picked up a stick bow and cedar arrows! I am going to be completely dedicated to that bow until I down a matching pair of tasty tenderloins. Every deer is harvested is a trophy. To me I want that next trophy to be any deer with true stick and sting. Once that's accomplished Then I'll pick up my "easy bow"(compound) and look more a mature buck.

I'm doing this to try to test myself as a hunter. I don't get opportunities to harvest P&Y or Booners every year so this is my way to challenge myself. I recommend trying something like this but maybe not this extreme to keep hunting fun and challenging. This change in arsenal has made me took forward to the up coming season even more! When it's all said and done, to each their own!

Woods Walker

Re: From NEW to OLD!

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 pm

***WARNING***WARNING***WARNING***...............What you are about to undertake is HIGHLY....REPEAT...HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!!

You may very well find yourself SELLING YOUR COMPOUND!

But even if you don't, you are about to have the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

P.S..........Get yourself some JUDO POINTS (Zwickey brand only), and go roving with that stickbow. You'll wonder why you waited for so long!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:41 am

"When it's all said and done, to each their own!"

Well said. Enjoy your new endeavor, you can always take a doe or two with the compound or even a rifle for the first couple of years, if it comes down filling the freezer.
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

Michigan Archer

Postby Michigan Archer » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Woods Walker I can't wait to fling some cedar at tasty summer sausage and steaks! I've been shooting this long bow since May and I can't wait to finally be able to try for some table fare! It's all funny timing actually. This spring while I was out turkey hunting I noticed a crack in my PSE compound. I called their service department and was informed that my bow was discontinued. They sent me a brand new in the bow PSE whitetail madness. So not only do I have a long bow to break in but also a new compound I want to release havoc with. I await this up coming archery season with this as much as excitement as my very first deer season!

I was given a few older arrows from a friend so I will be trying my with all my might to take down anything with the old stick and string!

To each their own!

Return to Archery and Bowhunting