Peep-sight glare

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Sailfish

Peep-sight glare

Postby Sailfish » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:23 am

I noticed recently with the changing of the season, the sun moving farther south, that when I am practicing in the a.m. sun, I get a reflection/glare off the bottom of my peep-sight into my eye. Makes my shot darn near impossible! It only in the a.m.(doesn't last longer than 30-45 min) and when I am in a certain spot. but I was wondering, have you ever encountered this while in a tree? What did you do? I hadn't, but I know I have a location set-up come opening that will put me in the a.m. sun for a short spell.

Just wondering
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Joel Spring

Re: Peep-sight glare

Postby Joel Spring » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:07 am

Are you using a very small peep, or one of the "hunter" sized ones, with the bigger opening. I use the larger ones and have never had that problem....
Joel Spring
Longtime Deer & Deer Hunting Contributor
ruabirddog@aol.com

Deebz

Re: Peep-sight glare

Postby Deebz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 am

I had a guy at a bow shop actually take a drill bit to my peep sight to make it larger for me. Makes it much easier to locate the pin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Return to Archery and Bowhunting