great time bow hunting

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
ToddRvs

great time bow hunting

Postby ToddRvs » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:16 pm

I was in the garage today and i noticed all of these plastic milk and drink jugs my wife had put int the recycle bin. Shee like to play her small part in making the world more green. Any how, I got an idea. I grabed an armfull of those jugs and took out to the back and threw them all over the ground. Then I went and got my bow with a bunch of blunt tips and just started shooting at all of those jugs. Never had so much fun stump shooting. I also noticed that the size of a 1 gallon milk jug is about the same side as the vitals of a deer. Don't worry when I finished I put them back in the recycle bin the wife was never the wiser. give it a try it is a blast.
Keep It Safe
Leave it like you found it
Pick a spot
and bring home your trophy

http://bowhunting.blog.com/

Woods Walker

RE: great time bow hunting

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:16 am

I've been doing that for years. Try this........

1. Use judo points, and then you can shoot at them almost anywhere, in cluding hanging them from tree limbs and brush, so you have elevated shots. When they sway in the breeze, it adds a whole other element to the game!

If you drove into my place, you'd think that there was some pagan living there that worshiped empty plastic jugs! They are hanging all over the place, and at different levels, swaying in the wind!

2. Fill some with that "Great Stuff" insulation foam, and then they will stop a broadhead, and you now have the cheapest broadhead targets that are deer vital sized on the face of the earth, shy of a dirt bank or the ground.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

trapperDave

RE: great time bow hunting

Postby trapperDave » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:43 am

tennis balls n blunts [;)]
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Return to Archery and Bowhunting