Small Nick in my bow's cam?

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Cgull

Small Nick in my bow's cam?

Postby Cgull » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Tree rats chewed thru my pull up rope, causing the line to break while pulling up my bow. Put a small dent in the cam, that I was able to file smooth while my son held the bow at full draw. My question is should I replace the cam anyway? I dont feel a sharp edge and the lose of materal is very minor. I see no wearing on the string where it contacts the filed area after 40+ shots. I think it's ok but would still like a litte feedback from others, thanks.
we should insist the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn`t an American at all

EatDeer

RE: Small Nick in my bow's cam?

Postby EatDeer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:33 am

I guess if you're still shooting the bow, it could be ok...

If your doubting the bow's safety, I'd take it to your local bow shop for a tune up, besides its a good thing to do every year before bow season.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

fasteddie

RE: Small Nick in my bow's cam?

Postby fasteddie » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:19 pm

If you got the nick out and there is no sharp edge , you should be good to go . Just keep an eye on the string for any wear .
Semper Fi !

Return to Archery and Bowhunting