Land to Lease

allthingshunting

Land to Lease

Postby allthingshunting » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:36 am

I am looking for land to lease in Maryland.  I have scoured the internet and local papers and have found very, very little.  Anyone know of any land in MD that is available?  Anyone know of a website or publication that has listings in MD?  I have found plenty of leasing sites that cover all states, but inevitably, there are no listing within MD.  I would greatly appreciate any help / advice you can offer.  Thank you in advance.

John1961

RE: Land to Lease

Postby John1961 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:02 am

What part of Md do you live in?Im from Baltimore but now live in NE Indiana.I belong to a Deer Hunting club on the eastern shore. I done know if they are taking new members but I can put you in touch with them if interested. If you dont want to share info here the pm ok. John
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Adam C

Postby Adam C » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:30 am

I have lived & hunted in Carroll County Md. for most of my 37 years of life. I do know that the largest bodied & racked bucks come from the Eastern Shore, where the farmland is rich & fertile. I have never looked into land leases, but I do know they exist. There are also outfitters available on large tracts of flat farmland, mixed with patches of forested land. I hope you find something you like.

marshall9779

Postby marshall9779 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:39 am

I too am looking for some private land to hunt in Central Maryland, preferably Mongomery or Howard Counties. I have only been in Maryland for less than 2 years. I tried the Mckee Beshers WMA last year. Drew on a doe, but that was it. I went back 6-8 more times and never saw anything else. I asked permission on a farm I pass everyday with no luck along with a couple other places .The guy was a nut job anyway. I got pretty worn out hauling a climber as far into MCkee Beshers to where I was really wanting to be. If anyone knows someone in Central MD preferably, but would be willing to venture out some, please inquire and forward me a contact. I am getting discoraged living in a new state with no good hunting gounds in my arsenal and the tons of deer here make it worse. Thanks a bunch.

great white hunter

Postby great white hunter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:00 am

You can try in Howard county at WSSC Watershed Hunting Areas. You need to go to Brighton Dam cabin to get your pass. For one day hunt is $5.00 or all season is $60.00. You can hunt Triadelphia and Rocky Gorge. I am from VA and live in MD all my life so I get my out of state Lic. I am also looking for some one to hunt with during the weekdays. I try to go at lease two to three times a week. Also you can get your DNR permit for $36.00 and can hunt the power line in Germantown Md.
Let the little ones goes

marshall9779

Postby marshall9779 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:49 am

ORIGINAL: great white hunter

You can try in Howard county at WSSC Watershed Hunting Areas. You need to go to Brighton Dam cabin to get your pass. For one day hunt is $5.00 or all season is $60.00. You can hunt Triadelphia and Rocky Gorge. I am from VA and live in MD all my life so I get my out of state Lic. I am also looking for some one to hunt with during the weekdays. I try to go at lease two to three times a week. Also you can get your DNR permit for $36.00 and can hunt the power line in Germantown Md.

Thanks for the info on WSSC. I would have never found that out. I am fairly new to MD and have just been looking for Public land on the DNR website.I will take the back way home from Columbia to Giathersburg and stop by Brigton Dam. Do you know off hand how many acres they have at the Brighton Dam (Triadelphia) area?

thomasdyl12

Re: Land to Lease

Postby thomasdyl12 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:48 pm

i have land to lease in western md call 3018955359 800 ac bordering 1800 ac state land

Return to Maryland