filming a hunt

hyguti

filming a hunt

Postby hyguti » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:10 pm

what type of camera would you use filming your hunt or a tripod in stand to keep it stable and on a single area
Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.

"My idea of fast food is a mallard."

DeerCamp

RE: filming a hunt

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:50 pm

I would want to use a camera that is tv compatable. My friend has one that he uses and makes dvds with and sells them. I want to say he uses a G5? could be wrong on that. He also uses a arm, Im not sure what kind he uses but I know that it's not no cheap one either. All and all I think his set up cost somthing like $1700. Ill get ahold of him and let ya know what kind he uses. He does all his editing and stuff too. Makes for some good dvds, looks just like the pros.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:57 pm

This will be an interesting topic to follow as this has always been of interest to me.

Keep us posted!!

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:22 am

ive got an arm by gorrilla that will accomidate about any camcorder. bulky and kinda a pain when by yourself.ive been eyin the new epic cams by stealth cam. they appear to be readily mountable on a bow or gun.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:35 am

Look at the reviews on cabelas. I think ill be saving my money for something else.

hyguti

Postby hyguti » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:39 pm

im kinda new to filming by my self i am in school i been filming with a hand held for about 7 years and i am getting a good camear for christmas.  i dont know what type yet but i have not done any research on the arm stablizer. what side would you suggest to put on if i am a righty bow hunting and gun hunter.  if you have any advice that would help love to hear it.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:13 pm

praireshadow thanks for the heads up. up till now i hadnt done a whole lot of readin on em. was thinkin about askin santa.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:37 am

I use a sony sr42, its a hard drive camcorder meaning it saves it to a hard drive. Its a 30gb I believe, nothing super fancy It was 600 a year ago. The thing i like about it is that there is no tape or dvd to deal with. You get alot more recording time. The 30 will hold up to 10 hrs of recorded media. They also make bigger ones i think they are 40 and 60. With tapes or dvds you dont get any where near that kind of storage which is nice for hunting. Its also pretty small with a decent zoom. I also use the tree arm made by gorrilla and for 30 bucks I think it works pretty good. Lone wolf also make a good one but its over a 100 bucks. if you want top notch your gonna want a fluid head so it wont be as jerky as the others. My stuff isnt gonna make it to tv but Im pretty happy with it. If you are good at editing you could make it look really good. Its fun and challenging trying to do it by yourself but the reward is nice. You always got the hunt on film to watch whenever you want and you can share it with friends. It also can be nice on judging your shot placement. Oh yeah one thing i dont like about my camera is that if it is too cold id say 20 degrees or colder it wont work because of the hard drive but thats very rare.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm

ORIGINAL: hyguti

im kinda new to filming by my self i am in school i been filming with a hand held for about 7 years and i am getting a good camear for christmas.  i dont know what type yet but i have not done any research on the arm stablizer. what side would you suggest to put on if i am a righty bow hunting and gun hunter.  if you have any advice that would help love to hear it.

If you hold your bow with your left hand, put the cam on the right so you can make adjustments while holding the bow.  This will result in less movement.  Good luck, Panman
Be Aware, Bikes are Everywhere!!

hyguti

Postby hyguti » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:15 pm

what editing programs do you use to edit your film. what do you use to get a movie or show started.

what programs do you use on computer.

Next

Return to Misc. Accessories