What kind of knife do you have?

DeerCamp

What kind of knife do you have?

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:42 pm

I have a Buck Knife.. I might get a new one this year just for looks.. I really like the look to the Rapid River Knifes.

The knife I wanna get from them is the Skinner Knife listed right here.
http://www.rapidriverknifeworks.com/products/skinner.php
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

JOEL

RE: What kind of knife do you have?

Postby JOEL » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:05 pm

my regular carry is the classic buck110 for deer chores i use a 3 piece combo from from mossberg got a gut hook,a smaller knife perfect for the dirty work and a t handle saw with a turn on the bottom to prevent cutting into the bladder when splitting the pelvis
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:15 pm

I`m a knife junkie. I have multiple Gerber`s, Browning`s lying around. I have the Outdoor Edge White-Tail skinner, I have a beautiful Cabela`s Alaskan Guide that Buck made with the guthook. Probably my very favorite knife though, is a Cutco, hunter orange handle knife that is without a doubt, the sharpest blade I`ve ever used. It made field dressing so easy due to the sharpness, it was almost crazy. You have to be so careful handling this knife it`s a chore remembering to slow down doing the gutting. It will cut you to the bone.

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:55 am

I have a fixed blade Gerber with the gut hook very sharp the best knife I have ever used.

mndeerslayer

Postby mndeerslayer » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:37 am

I USE MOSTLY GERBER BUT ALSO OWN BUCK , OLD TIMERS KNIFES
MNDEERSLAYER ///// FLAGGED FOR INTRUSION

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:09 am

Buck, Gerber, and I got a Winchester two piece set for Xmass last year that I am actually very pleased with.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

hansonca

Postby hansonca » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:40 pm

I have a Winchestor fixed blade with a gut hook and it works great.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:17 am

Gerber Gator - Fixed Blade, Fine Edge, Gut Hook

�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

VAHunter

Postby VAHunter » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:12 am

Cutco Clip Point Outdoor Knife - hands down the best and sharpest knife i have ever used.  and to top it off, at the end of the season, i simply mail my knife back to Cutco and they sharpen it at no cost and send it back to me.  i recommend picking up a used one on ebay, and immediately mailing it to Cutco for sharpening once you receive it....save a lot of money that way.

not to get too graphic, but with the Cutco's double-d edge you can cut through a deer's breast plate with one easy pull...makes field dressing much easier.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:09 am

Trekker fixed blade skinner I bought at Cabela's for $14.  Done me well for the past six seasons.

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Next

Return to Misc. Accessories