well thule, this is my 2 cents.
1. the deer in MA, these are the most people smart deer around.
2. orchard, field etc. these are high percentage night time visit. must have undetectable entry and exit route. it is a good pm hunt in the early season and a good morning hunt during the rut. 11-1 to the end of the archery season. "you'll definitely see a buck walking around 9:45am." are there other people hunt there? if yes, me personally, I would go farther back in the woods and look for bottle necks. b/c this just became a low percentage spot. if no, then you only need to spend 30% of your time hunting it. the other 70% spend it else where.
3. 17 hour and 3 stands, to me you already burned it out. the deer already have you figure out. I would move 2 to a bottle neck type location.
4. ladder stand type, my success has been the first time I hunt it. after that the deer figure you out and they change their pattern to just out of sight. then you play cat and mouse game with them and then the season end.
I used to set up 6 summit ladder stands and move them as needed. my percentage of harvest was still low. in the pass 7 years, I only use the summit viper climber and go any where and every where. and if I should have a deer tag during shotgun is because I choose to. usually my doe tag b/c I like to track in snow...
well, good luck huntin.