Smokepoles?

Proline

RE: Smokepoles?

Postby Proline » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:30 am

The deer are really grouped up right now. Not seeing many singles and doubles but 4 and 5 together and they are covering alot of ground. With the snow we see every track laid so it gives the perception that there are alot of them around. Not saying you arent into a good area just that perception is always reality. IMO, there are not enough deer in MA and the goals F&W want are ridiculous. In Zone 10 they want 6-8 deer/sq mile. They will continue to lose hunters with goals like that.

heightman

Postby heightman » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:44 am

First off Happy New Year to all. I hope that a few of you folks managed to fill a tag durning the last week. As for me things just didnt work out. Due to work I only got out twice once for a quick morning hunt and the other for the day. Did find track in the snow but far from fresh track. Although the tract I did find was withing gun range of the area's I set up at. I had planned on getting out yesterday morning before work for one last try and at least empty the gun, but work called and changed my hours to 8-5. So now I have to try and empty it by hand. Or maybe I should just shoot this LOL.

heightman

Postby heightman » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:45 am

Opp,s sorry about the multiple picture,s first time I have tried posting pictures

woodsalta

Postby woodsalta » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:19 am

I didn't tag a deer this year or last year either. The deer are there but they have gone nocturnal. Tag soup sucks, the pieces of boiled paper keep getting stuck between my teeth! I was going home after my last hunt of the year around 5:15 pm and as I was driving there was a field to my right and there were 5 does standing road side...I was so mad. I didn't see one deer in the woods while hunting during the season and now that it is over I guess we all will start seeing deer everywhere we go! It's like they know when to hide and then reapear just to get us riled up! The season's over and let the scouting begin for next year.
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

Proline

Postby Proline » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Sorry to hear that Woods! It seemed like you had a promissing spot to start off with those pics you had. If you ever up in Rowley area let me know and I can get you a steak or pak of sausage! 

Proline

Postby Proline » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Wow woods. You had such a good spot with great pics! If your ever up in Rowley let me know and I will get u a steak or some sausage

woodsalta

Postby woodsalta » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm

That would be great Proline. I do go up to Maine every now and then, maybe I will contact you when we head up next and we can meet.

Andy
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

Previous

Return to Massachusetts