Buck Blues

Proline

RE: Buck Blues

Postby Proline » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:03 am

I disagree and can tell you some of my best fall standsites have been found scouting in the winter. Once you know how the deer think and analayze the cover & topography and see old sign on the ground you can piece alot together. I agree with you that your thought is correct in Northern climates where deer head for yards but Eastern Mass is basically all small woodlot deer hunting and they hang right where they always do. 

piebal

Postby piebal » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Proline
Yes i agree on the old rut sign usally it is the same every year but some years a diffrent, food, weather, pressure .But finding there escape routs and where they go and when they leave and in wich direction is key.

290is

Postby 290is » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:36 pm

THULE, are you out hunting? all these snow and haven't hear form you. did you know that if you track a deer and stay with it all day. each time that you jumped it the distance is cut shorter and shorter and then pow!, it's yours. also deer have to lay down to chew their cud and b/c you are on their tail. if they don't get to chew, they tend to act weird and pow!, you got him. "works for me."[:)]

piebal

Postby piebal » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Our season is over .....that sucks...down to the shoreline i go!!

Previous

Return to Massachusetts