Summer Pics

chief

Summer Pics

Postby chief » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:30 pm

I read the story in Deer and Deerhunting about the preorbital gland deer scent. It took some work but I located the scent on the internet. It's located at Smokey's http://smokeysdeerlure.com/. I was a little shocked about the 30.00 dollar price tag with shipping and handling. I am writing about this expirience because I couldn't believe the results. I had my cameras out for a month prior to using the scent. I had many pictures of does but no bucks. I have had the scent out for two weeks and was shocked to see 150 pictures of bucks. I got all racked bucks, five eight pointers and a huge six point. Strangely I also got three bears all over the scrape. When I put the scent out I wore rubber gloves and noticed I got a little on my camera. I not only had deer staring and sniffing the camera but a large bear is sniffing and looking into the camera. Has anyone else tried smokey's lure?

mhouck06

Re: Summer Pics

Postby mhouck06 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:47 pm

I have used the same type of stuff from Stonycreek Whitetails. It has worked great for me, I have mainly used it in archery season. Never had a camera over it tho. I have seen plenty of deer using the branch that I established. It has proven to be a great tool for me. I may stop out at Stonycreek whitetails soon and get some more and try setting one up with my camera near by to see if I get similar results to you.

plt3028

Re: Summer Pics

Postby plt3028 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Chief, I read the same article,and was wondering where i could get some of that scent. Thanks for doing the leg work....can't wait for mine to arrive, and hopefully post some pics! I only have does, and one small 6 pt. in velvet so far this year.

Return to Massachusetts