Field Notes Michigan

mag30079

RE: Field Notes Michigan

Postby mag30079 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:34 am

Thanks Deercamp, I hope I can get that second chance next week.

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:32 am

Crazy couple of day opening weekend. My buddy shot a 9 pointer, but we ended up never finding it and then I got a doe sunday night. During the week I saw a few doe and then yesterday morning I saw 7. Had a buck under my tree before light, rubbing on a tree....Heading back out on a new piece of property tonight, but this 80 degree weather isnt very promising.

Didn't want to write the whole thing again, but here's the full details on my buddys buck and my doe taken opening weekend.

Ups and Downs of Opening Weekend
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:02 am

saw a buck chasing a doe on 10/10 /10
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Well on the 12th I was able to get into my stand early I got in my stand at 2:14. The wind was blowing South the whole night which made for a perfect hunt. I did a LOT of grunting and bleeting today. At 2:58 I had a nice yote come with in 20 yards. I drew back but the little rascal never gave me a clear shot at him. I really wanted him too! At 5:30 I had some prick deceide it was a good idea to shoot ALL of his guns. He shot till 6:27.. I almost got down and gave him a peice of my mind. But I kept my cool, and it paid off. I had 4 does come in from the East and go down wind of me. They were eatting acorns and came with in 30 yards. However at that point they were in the swamp and I didnt have a shot at all. The one stuck around till dark. What a great night of hunting it was. The first deer Ive seen in 10 days! Yikes!

On the 13th I found myself in my stand at 3:36pm. It was a wet day, however it brightend up a bit towards the end. Again the wind was blowing to the South. I didnt see any deer today.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Went out 10/15/10.. I got on stand at 3:13 pm.. The wind was blowing South. I sat till dark and didnt see a deer...They really need to start moving! PS: Ive noticed that a LOT of the leaves have fell from trees. I also noticed a corn feild by me had been cut.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:43 am

What a great morning it was to hunt this morning. It was 31 outside and it was still as can be.. The only way I could tell the wind was blowing South was from the breath coming from my mouth. Anyhow I was hunting at 6:43, I happend to jump some deer right by my stand while walking in. At 7:17 I had one come back but could only here it, it was still a little to dark to see into the swamp. I hunted till 9:51 and again didnt see a deer.. My buddy Zack saw an 8pt today at 60 yards.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:08 pm

Well today I gave it another shot. I was hunting at 3:13pm. While on stand it was very windy till about 6:30. It was blowing to the East. I heard a grunt at 5:30, but apon my walk out I confrimed it was my neighbor whos only hunting 50 yards from me. Hes not really my neighbor, he just put his stand right by mine grrr.. Anyhow I talked to him and found out it was even the guy I thought. It was another hunter who found the stand and just deceided to hunt it today..Ugh! Anyway I didnt see any deer again, but I shall give it another shot tomorrow night.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:14 pm

let me know how it goes i'm not going out again till people start seeing deer moving my friend last night said he saw 9 deer in different fields driving home yesterday that's a start when i go out i'm gone for a week or 2

ORIGINAL: DeerCamp

Well today I gave it another shot. I was hunting at 3:13pm. While on stand it was very windy till about 6:30. It was blowing to the East. I heard a grunt at 5:30, but apon my walk out I confrimed it was my neighbor whos only hunting 50 yards from me. Hes not really my neighbor, he just put his stand right by mine grrr.. Anyhow I talked to him and found out it was even the guy I thought. It was another hunter who found the stand and just deceided to hunt it today..Ugh! Anyway I didnt see any deer again, but I shall give it another shot tomorrow night.
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:01 am

Well I look at it this way badtoys.. I would rather be in the woods NOT seeing deer, than at home on the computer. I feel that if Im going to see deer, I have to be in the woods. If the deer are not moving I still enjoy being in the woods, besides it only takes a few steps for a deer to make a mistake, so why cant he make it infront of me?

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Alright.. Well I gave it another shot today, dispite million mph winds. Anyhow I figured I would be alright if I went to my buddys house tonight and got to stand just a lil bit later due to the bad weather. Besides I havent been seeing a whole lot anyhow.. Boy was I wrong! I was walking to my blind at 3:51 and about 20 yards from my stand when I came with in 10 yards of a doe and a fawn. They both ran off.. Grr.. (Go figure the one day Im late getting out the deer are there.) That was around 4:02 when I saw them. Any how it was miserable hunting weather as it was real windy and rainy. The rain really started to come down around 5. I didnt see any other deer.. I guess Ill have to give this another shot friday.

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan