Field Notes Michigan

badtoys

RE: Field Notes Michigan

Postby badtoys » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 am

i always say that but i'm headed out again today til monday just gets aggravating

ORIGINAL: badtoys

let me know how it goes i'm not going out again till people start seeing deer moving my friend last night said he saw 9 deer in different fields driving home yesterday that's a start when i go out i'm gone for a week or 2

ORIGINAL: DeerCamp

Well today I gave it another shot. I was hunting at 3:13pm. While on stand it was very windy till about 6:30. It was blowing to the East. I heard a grunt at 5:30, but apon my walk out I confrimed it was my neighbor whos only hunting 50 yards from me. Hes not really my neighbor, he just put his stand right by mine grrr.. Anyhow I talked to him and found out it was even the guy I thought. It was another hunter who found the stand and just deceided to hunt it today..Ugh! Anyway I didnt see any deer again, but I shall give it another shot tomorrow night.

WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:41 pm

I went out yesterday, it was windy cold and wet. I thought it would get the deer moving. No luck, I saw one turkey a few squirels. Going back out Saturday.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:04 am

Went out Friday morning the 22nd.. It was very cold, 26 out in the AM.. No wind.. Sat till 9:18..Didnt see a darn thing!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 pm

seeing deer everynight now shot at one and missed aughhhhh!!! morning not so much but never have
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:58 am

Well yesterday 10/24/10 I had to work till 7. I was fine with that as it was spose to rain all day and be in the 60's. Turns out it was a nice day and didnt rain at all. I got out a little early and rushed to my stand. I got to my stand at 5:45.. Still no rain. A buck (unicorn) came in at 6:08. He's one of the missing pecies to my euro mounts, so at 6:15 he gave me a shot and I took it. I waited a half hour and got down, I took up a really good blood trail, only to be met by a down poor. Needles to say I lost blood. I went back out this morning to look again and had no luck. This is the 1st deer I have lost in a while, Im pretty bummed out about it.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:55 am

Sorry to hear about that DeerCamp!

I was out all day Sat and Sun. Saw a small 8 under my stand and 5 doe on saturday, and then 10 doe sunday morning. Hoping things pick up more when the cold front hits Thursday!
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:13 am

Went out 11/2.. I was on stand at 2pm.. I didnt seen anything till 6pm. I had 4 does run down the trail, they were being chased by a little spike who was grunting. The spike stoped right where I walk in and walked down my trail offering a perfect shot. I started to wonder if I had doe pee on my boots because he came right underneath my tree and walked infront of me for a few mins. It was a good a still evening. The wind was blowing to the west.

Buda812

Postby Buda812 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:05 am

Well as of this past weekend I have hung up the bow hunting in lower Michigan probably until next year.  Will be heading to the U.P. in about five days and need to finish packing all the gear.  Want to do a little bow hunting before the rifle season kicks off.  Haven't seen to much down here in mid Michigan but I had a friend shoot a 9 point last friday and his grandkid shot an 8 point on Tuesday in a completely different area.  I wish well to everyone going out.  Be safe and shoot straight.

TreestandSparty

Postby TreestandSparty » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Went out hunting in the thumb yesterday (11-3) It is a farm I regulary have hunted for the past 3 years. I have been trully blessed to have such a great place to hunt. It has not always been that way over the years. I will enjoy it while it lasts. The man who owns the farm is 78. In good health.....
I have been out of state working for the past 3 weeks, this was my first chance out since opening day. Which is not to bad. The leaves are down, the weather is colder & the rut is on! Plus the beans & corn have been all picked. I saw some deer in the morning....all very far away. But is was good just seeing them. I seen a decent buck trotting through the corn field on my way out. He was 80 yards away at the closest point. His flag was down the entire time. That was pretty cool. After lunch I put up a portable blind on a hedge row that borders the neighbors farm and mine. I always put it up after the crops have been picked. It is 50yds from the outside corner of where the woods start & 130 yds from the inside corner. Great feeding area. This area has a fair amount of deer. It's not a turkey shoot. You have to work at it. Plus the deer have a lot of woods to roam in . I only have permission on this farm...not the ajoining ones.
I usually don't bow hunt from a ground blind....but I wanted to see what was coming out to feed in that area. So I settled in for the evening hunt. It was very quiet....no activity whatsoever....the sun was going down....then out pops out the biggest buck I ever saw. He was 70 yrds to the left of me, walking away from me, heading to the next hedge row 230 yds away. I grunted, I used my doe bleat can. He never even paused. He was perfect. Like those deer you see on TV. Well maybe not Texas....those things are on steroids. He was at least and 8...shiny polished rack. He was strutting....looking for some action. He was gone from my sight. Following the other hedge row away from me.. Around 20 minutes later, I heard hoof steps behind me. That same buck was now to the right of me. 60 yards away...still trotting. I watched him till he went out of sight. Hopefully I will see him again. I don't know if he was visiting..or if he lives here. ....Time will tell.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:31 am

Well I was up in the tree and at it again on 11/5/10. I got in my stand around 6:50 and I could see for a shot around 7:30. The wind was blowing to the East, and I didnt see a deer. I got down at 9:50 to leave for work. I went out again and I was in stand at 3:51. With the wind again blowing the to East, I had a small game hunter walk by me at 4:23.. At 5:02 I had a nice deer come out of the East and come in offering me a good shot. I passed on it, as I sware I heard it grunt, but I couldnt see any buttons on him. I figured he was a small button buck. He stuck around eatting acorns and lolly gagging till 5:16, shortly after I had 2 more people (scouting) come walking by making all sorts of noise. I didnt see a deer after that. Im going to give it another go on Sunday.

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan