Bad news about Northeastern Michigan Chapter SCI banquet

lkn2fish

Bad news about Northeastern Michigan Chapter SCI banquet

Postby lkn2fish » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:05 am

All

Not only did the Northeastern Michigan SCI chapter pull the annual banquet from the struggling city of Alpena and move the banquet to Traverse City now the chapter is allowing online bidding on the auction items. The few members that will follow the SCI banquet clear across the state from Alpena to Traverse City will now be forced to pay a inflated amount for the items on auction during the banquet. Why did I/we bother to buy the $100+ ticket to the SCI banquet when we could have stayed home with the rest of the WORLD and bid on auction items for free on the internet. First the NEMSCI chapter moved the annual banquet from poor Alpena to Traverse City claiming the reason was that Delta airlines was going to not service the Alpena airport. Well guess what Delta Airlines continues to service the Alpena airport. The whole thing makes me sick the last time I checked Traverse City was not in northeastern Michigan. SHAME on you (Northeastern Michigan SCI Chapter) for pulling the annual SCI banquet from struggling Alpena and allowing online bidding on auction items!!! In these hard times many members/myself were looking forward to maybe getting a good hunt at a fair price well that pipe dream is gone being they will be bidding against the World Wide Web. You won’t be getting my money next year.

lkn2fish

kellory

Re: Bad news about Northeastern Michigan Chapter SCI banquet

Postby kellory » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Sorry to hear it, lkn2fish. Sounds like you are getting shafted. Perhaps they will include you ticket price as part of your bid. That would at least put you on an even playing field with the on-line bids. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

lkn2fish

Postby lkn2fish » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:50 pm

All

Just a quick bump before the NEMSCI banquet. Today (Friday) was the Call of the Wild event. Where members have a meet and greet with the outfitters and they auction off a couple of hunts. WOW it was worse than I anticipated!!! The highlight of the night was whenCraig Boddington stud up in front of the crowd and said “Well it sure is nice to be in Northeastern Michigan” Dude Traverse City isn’t in Northeastern Michigan get a clue. Yikes I wouldn’t come back next year if I lost a bet.

lkn2fish

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Thats a bummer man! I would be upset with them as well... Did you at least win anything?
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

garygreen

Postby garygreen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:04 am

I was unknown from that news and now after reading this post. I am feeling very sad for SCI banquet. That's very bad news for them.

Return to Michigan