Looking for help finding hunting land closer to home

skeatus

Looking for help finding hunting land closer to home

Postby skeatus » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:49 pm

I am new to this forum and have been looking for a spot closer to home to hunt. Most times I just get a couple hours here or there to hunt. I live in Durand and it is located in Shiawassee county. I love all types of hunted but mostly have deer hunted. I saw a lot of post saying that look for clean kills and I couldn't agree more. I've pasted on many deer because i wasn't sure I could make a clean kill.

AlleganBowhunter

RE: Looking for help finding hunting land closer to home

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Not sure if your looking for public or lease/permission.  I can't help with the later, and think you are a little late for this season (but never give up!)

Check out http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10370-31657--,00.html  For a listing of Michigan State Game and Wildlife areas.   Outside of that I can not help ya.  My sister and fam live in Byron, I keep trying to get my bro in law to check out the Shiawassee area, but he hasn't

Happy Hunting!
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

skeatus

Postby skeatus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks,
I will haveto look into that. I live in Durand and was looking for public land. I used to hunt outside byron but I need to find another area because I have not been able to get hold of the land owner to see if I can continue hunting there.
thanks again
Scott

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:20 am

Check out the classifieds in http://www.woods-n-waternews.com/     There is always property popping up on there. 

Return to Michigan