michigan hunters

paulie

RE: Michigan Hunters

Postby paulie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:51 am

I got a Turkey tag for hunt#234 (late season, May 4th- 31st). This will be my first year so, I've been trying to "brush up" on my Turkey knowlage.  I've never hunted Bear although, I would like to (someday). Good luck on that "B-day Gobbler"!!

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:24 pm

Ohh boy first time huh? This is gonna be my 3rd season.. Let me tell ya you are gonna be in for a susprize! I find it as much fun as deer hunting.. I just love the sound of a gobbling Tom early morning! Good luck to ya!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:01 am

I really want to go turkey hunting, I never have [:(] they have left over tags available now so I'm thinking about getting one and reading up on how the heck to hunt these guys! [:D] I think it would be a lot of fun! I have seen over 40 turkeys on the land i deer hunt on this last few months so i know their there, i just don't know much about hunting em lol! I need to get my gun looked at before anything though, their is something wrong with it, sometimes it will fire sometimes it won't... not cool [:@] I can imagine hearing a Tom would be just as exciting as hearing a grunt in the early morning! [:)] gotta love that feeling! Good luck on your bday hunt Jerry! Hopefully it's productive for ya! Good luck to you as well Paulie hopefully your first year is a memorable one!!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

badtoys

michigan hunters

Postby badtoys » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:10 pm

i hunt a place that is loaded with deer in chealsea but we are not seeing any deer one once every couple days a few 100 acres away anyone else having this problem in mi whats the deal here even my cop friend says he has not had any deer hits who knows what is the deal here????????????
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

DeerCamp

RE: michigan hunters

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:05 pm

I havent been seeing the deer I use too either...I think that there is a lot of acorns and the warm weather has kept the deer down.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

westmibow

Postby westmibow » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:47 am

Its area specific. Are there still a lot of corn fields up by you? If so thats your reason. Also as deercamp mentioned the amout of acorns is keeping the deer in the woods. Try hunting areas deeper in the woods and cover if you are not already. If you can find a stand of Oaks hunt that. I would dare to guess the deer are still there their food just changed.

3tail

Postby 3tail » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:51 pm

Im hunting in jackson county and have been out five times and havent even seen a doe . last time i was out was oct 31 and nothing this is the first year I have gone out five times and never even seen a doe let alone a buck ......not sure what the heck is going on .

IsitInTREES

Postby IsitInTREES » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:40 pm

I think it's locational.  I hunt near Grand Rapids and Big Rapids.
Deer are moving like crazy in GR.  BR is ice cold.

Bucks are chasing does in GR.
Crickets in BR.

No idea???????????

Don't focus on the destination, Enjoy the Journey

D/S MI

Postby D/S MI » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:37 pm

I was out on 10-30 and seen 14 does and no bucks. I also hunt Jackson county. I will be going in the morning 11-2. It's time for the bucks to be chasing.

TreestandSparty

Postby TreestandSparty » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:25 pm

I hunt in the thumb. Seen a buck, a spike and 3 does on opening day. Then was out of state for 3 weeks working. On 11-3, I saw some does far off. & kicked up a buck on my way out in the a.m. Saw a nice buck that night, no does. On 11-5 seen 1 buck & 3 does in the corn stubble....2 far away for a bow. On 11-6 seen a spike fork in the morning...in range, but to small. The locals that hunt this area said things have been very slow. They said this parcel was hunted pretty hard during youth hunt.

Next

Return to Michigan