Bear/Deer Hunt

DeerCamp

Bear/Deer Hunt

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:36 am

Well Im heading up to what could be my last hunt for bear today. Ive been driving 6 hrs plus for the last 13 weeks to scout/bait/hunt and get everything ready. Im also going to be deer hunting out of the same stand. Has anyone had any luck hunting the both out of the same stand? I did see a large doe, when I was last out there bear hunting, but it wasnt deer season. Hoping all goes well. Ill let ya'll know!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

smitty

RE: Bear/Deer Hunt

Postby smitty » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 am

I guess I was always under the impression that deer don't generally hang around places that bears usually are.  That assumption comes from no hard evidence but seeing bears  where deer should be but not seeing deer until the bears have gone into hibernation.  I don't mean this in general, as much as I do at a bait station.   I was reading another thread about using peanut butter to attract deer and that may be your best bet because deer seem to like it and so will the bears.
"Freedom Isn't Free"

Return to Michigan