Looks like its going to be a rainy one...

DeerCamp

Looks like its going to be a rainy one...

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:36 am

Whats the weather in your area looking like for opening day? Mines OCT 1ST. Looks like its going to be a nice day to hunt, however the next 6 day's its really going to rain.. Im still going to hunt it, I just hope it keeps some of those other hunters out of the woods,giving me the upper hand.

I was bummed out when I went back a few weeks to my area and noticed that made the road real nice, so anyone can drive waaaaaay back there where Im at. In the past I would hardly see anyone, today on a rainy day I had 4 people back there while getting my trail cam. I just hope that weather keeps them out of there, so the deer dont go on alert right away.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

tnt1960

RE: Looks like its going to be a rainy one...

Postby tnt1960 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:09 am

I just checked on-line for the weather in my area, and from Friday thru Tuesday, it`s calling for rain. I hope it doesn`t rain too much, because the Flint River cuts right through our property, and the last thing we need is for it to overflow! Years back, it has gotten awfully wet out there, so I`m keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn`t rain too hard. So far it has stayed nice and dry up there, and I hope it stays that way. Good luck to all you bowhunters out there!
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

smitty

Postby smitty » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:44 am

Weatherchannel.com says Thursday high temp. 56, low temp. 40 w/wind 9 mph from east northeast.
I like it a little cooler but the wind direction will be perfect.
"Freedom Isn't Free"

AlleganBowhunter

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:53 pm

No rain for us, low in upper 30's highs into the 60's.  Calling for clear, barely any wind, clouding up and chance of rain after dark. 

About 33 hours until the season opens!  [:D]
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

AlleganBowhunter

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:02 pm

NWS just issued a frost advisory for my area Thursday morning.  Looks like a good chunk of the lower Peninsula is included with frost or freeze possible.

Just under 27 hours until the 7:12am opening hour (in my area)!!!
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:17 am

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock T  i  c  k      T    o        c           k          [;)]

drdaven

Postby drdaven » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:41 am

Calling for B E A U T I F U L Thursday.  Then lousy from there on out.

I have 6 sites I check the weather at.  I tend to pick my stand location based on the general wind consensus.  Wunderground is one of my fav's.

All week they were all calling for NNW wind for Thurs. A.M.  Now they have switched it to WNW, so... I have changed my stand choice.  Still looking good for the P.M. hunt, with a NNW to NNE.  Either works well for my favorite stand.  Which would be the one that I have my trail cam pics of a nice 10 and two nice 8's.

Good luck to all!  Shoot straight and aim for that exit wound.
Hunting the Michigan Thumbs agricultural mecca...farm country bucks taste the best.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:42 am

Beautiful for tomorrow and thats all I really care about since I doubt i'll be out there much after that for a while lol!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:36 pm

Yup rain and cold, but the bugs won't be bad. Plus the cold weather hopefully will have the deer moving more.
I'm heading down to the farm Friday morning,
Good luck everyone.
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

smitty

Postby smitty » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Weather, it's going to be frosty with a chance of freezing my a$$ off!!
"Freedom Isn't Free"

Return to Michigan