cross bow bill

Savage300WSM

RE: Cross bow bill

Postby Savage300WSM » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:21 am

I've posted twice in a row and I'm having problems posting again so I don't know if you can only post so many in a row or what. I'm very new to this site.....signed up yesterday. Anyway, I'm a combat veteran, a paraplegic(didn't happen in Iraq), a very ethical hunter who doesn't want to harm this sport in ANY way, I've spoke PERSONALLY with the president of Michigan Bow Hunters, Bruce Levey, and I've used both compounds and crossbows. I have a post that's too long to post here. The URL is;
http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/discus ... 19&start=1

Go to that forum, look for the post by ParaGrafix1369..

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:29 am

Thanks for the information Savage300WSM

I think this bill ended well. People like yourself (wheelchair)can still use your CB and I Think thats a good thing. As far as any debates go. The antis have enough ammo on us hunters so no more arguing from me on any subject that is legal.

Thank you for serving our Country

buckman1

cross bow bill

Postby buckman1 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:25 pm

if you cant you a regular bow you should be able to you a cross bow i dont meet the dnrs rules for the way they are now  change them
marvin rowe

dmcianfa

RE: cross bow bill

Postby dmcianfa » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:36 pm

ORIGINAL: buckman1

if you cant you a regular bow you should be able to you a cross bow i dont meet the dnrs rules for the way they are now  change them

Just goes to show you what type of people are for this bill.  Pathetic.  Those that are too lazy to learn spelling or grammar are more likely to take the advantages that a cross-bow brings opposed to "real" archery equipment and circumvent true archery principles, tradition, and the heritage it stands for.  I couldn't have proved my point I've been telling people on this forum any better than this gentlemen states.  LOL [:D]
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm sorry, but was that actually English? 

This brings up a perfectly good point though.  Reading through a lot of these postings, there is a vast quantity of spelling and grammatical errors that would lead anyone reading this D&DH forum to assume that hunters are a bunch of uneducated, illiterate morons.  We (hunters) have a difficult enough time dealing with the anti-gunners and anti-hunters; if a little more time was taken to review the spelling, grammar, and whether you have conveyed your thoughts logically before hitting the "ok" button, the "stupid factor" might be removed.  I'm sure if you look hard enough, you may find a word or 2 incorrectly spelled in my postings, but I always re-read my posting several times and try to correct errors before actually posting it.
NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:08 am

http://www.freep.com/article/20090108/SPORTS10/901080385/1058/Create+a+niche+for+crossbows

I read this in the paper yesterday at the barbershop. As I was reading this I kept reflecting on More antihunting propaganda   Image thread in the breaking news section.

I finally get what the "pro" cross bow hunters were getting at. It shouldn't matter what tool you use, its the ethics and whats in your heart that matters. Here in Michigan we all have to take hunters saftey (born after 1960). As long as we use this tool in a safe manner, I say bring on the cross bow season.

Myself as a hunter and a man, can only grow when I admit my mistakes and learn from them.

Thank you Caroline CT for your asinine view, it really put things in perspective.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 am

ORIGINAL: mag30079

http://www.freep.com/article/20090108/SPORTS10/901080385/1058/Create+a+niche+for+crossbows

I read this in the paper yesterday at the barbershop. As I was reading this I kept reflecting on More antihunting propaganda   Image thread in the breaking news section.

I finally get what the "pro" cross bow hunters were getting at. It shouldn't matter what tool you use, its the ethics and whats in your heart that matters. Here in Michigan we all have to take hunters saftey (born after 1960). As long as we use this tool in a safe manner, I say bring on the cross bow season.

Myself as a hunter and a man, can only grow when I admit my mistakes and learn from them.

Thank you Caroline CT for your asinine view, it really put things in perspective.

Mag30079 I really respect your most recent posts.  LMAO at your Caroline reference, that really takes the cake!  Good luck hunting!  I have two weekend trips to Alabama left with my 30-30 to try and bag a buck this year before the season closes Jan. 31.   

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:54 am

Thanks 69Viking

best of luck hunting

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:38 am

deerhunter713
Well said on the spelling and grammar. My own two-fingered typing leaves much to be desired. Misspelled words don't make anyone lazy ,though. They might just be passionate about the subject and fire off an answer quickly without checking it over closely. We need to follow Ted Nugent's advice on the image we portray. If you're wearing your camo and driving your 4WD truck with all the stickers in the window and the personalized plate that says DBLLUNG, make the extra effort to be courteous when you're driving. You might just make a good impression on a fence sitter who is still forming his/her own opinions about hunters. I'm certainly not ashamed of what I do, but I never wear my hunting clothes into a bar. Some people would assume all hunters drink up before they go afield. (You'd also smell a whole lot like cigarrette smoke and beer). I make no apologies for my hunting lifestyle, but I try real hard to not give the anti's anything to use.
On the crossbow vs compound subject, I have never owned a crossbow. I did fire one bolt from my buddie's TenPoint once, but I can't justify the thousand dollars he had in it. Here in Indiana, crossbows are illegal during the early archery season, but legal during the late season. (this year that was Dec6 through Jan 4th) Muzzle loader is also open during that time for the 1st two weeks (and three weekends).I chose the compound to get the longest season possible. Let's all get together and fight the anti's instead of fellow hunters. We can all have our own opinions, but let's pull together. Many years ago in Wisconsin, the bear baiters were arguing with the dog hunters. Check today's rules, they both lost

wolf60

Postby wolf60 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:36 am

I am from Ohio. We have had crossbow hunting during the regular bow season for several years now. My problem is that the crossbow hunters I have run into act like they are gun hunting. They wander around in the woods hoping to jump something and get a shot. I spend alot of time and effort scouting and hanging stands and then here they come walking all over the area spooking deer and smelling the place up. I only have public land to hunt so I run into this problem all the time. All crossbow hunters may not be like this but I have run into enough of them to tick me off. They should give them their own season and not the whole bow season.

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan