hunting Baldwin area

wolf60

hunting Baldwin area

Postby wolf60 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:51 am

A buddy and I will be heading up north area this fall to do a little bowhunting. I have never been there before. Are the public areas clearly marked? Is there alot of hunting pressure up there? Are there good off road areas to camp? Any help you could give us will be greatly appreciated.I have checked it out on Google Maps and it looks like a pretty good area . I hope to hear from someone who has hunted there to give us some advice. Otherwise we will be going up there blind. Thanks.

HoneyHole

RE: hunting Baldwin area

Postby HoneyHole » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:57 am

I hunt a ways east of there, but there are good deer numbers over there. I've almost hit many of them heading over in the morning to fish the big lake. 

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:23 pm

When you said Baldwin, it caught my attention and I thought you were talking about WI until I saw that this was in the Michigan thread!  Best of luck!
QDM!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:08 pm

I just got back from ice cream at Jones in Baldwin! I love that place.

Anyways, sorry I have never hunted there. I do know that around Wolf Lake their are plenty of public lands to hunt (from talking to a local resident). I would think their would be maps readily available as well.

Seen some deer running around the homes around Wolf Lake also.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

wolf60

Postby wolf60 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:04 am

Thanks for your reply. My friend and I just got back from a scouting trip up north. We found a couple of good spots. Looking foward to Oct. 11 when we will be heading up there. My only concern is the number of bowhunters up there. I would hate to do all that scouting and then drive all the way up there onlt to find other hunters in those spots. Only time will tell.

Return to Michigan