State Police Sentenced for Poaching

Ben Sobieck

State Police Sentenced for Poaching

Postby Ben Sobieck » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:07 am

Source: cheboygannews.com

Two Michigan State Police Troopers from the Cheboygan Post went to jail Friday after being sentenced for poaching deer while on duty.

Jeff Hadley and Don Bolen will also pay hefty fines, lose their hunting privileges until 2013 and serve 100 hours of community service time apiece.

Cheboygan County 89th District Court Judge Maria Barton sentenced Bolen to two days in jail with credit for one day served. Hadley, who fired his own hunting rifle to shoot a buck Nov. 12 while on patrol off Mograin Road in Benton Township, received a four-day jail sentence with credit for one day served.

Continue reading here

Demoderby4

RE: State Police Sentenced for Poaching

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:11 am

Good to see some proper punishment being handed out!! Good for judge Barton!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

paulie

Postby paulie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:42 am

Of all people, to commit such crimes[>:]! I mean, a lot of people look up to these guys (law enforcement in general)! Not a very good way to "set an example"!

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:02 pm

ORIGINAL: paulie

Of all people, to commit such crimes[>:]! I mean, a lot of people look up to these guys (law enforcement in general)! Not a very good way to "set an example"!

Your right, this is a very poor example of how to behave. IMO, certain members of society are and should be held to a higher standard, ie, the military and to  a higher standard yet, military officers. I include police officers in this group as well. How can they enforce the law when they present an image of disregard for the laws they are empowered to enforce. I include speeding and running red lights by turning on their sirens when not in pursuit of a criminal as additional examples of officers not obeying the law. IMO, these officers should get the maximum sentence/punishment the law allows.

Deerhuntinglover22

Postby Deerhuntinglover22 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:57 am

Im happy to see the sentence they got i just cant believe they still have there jobs you would think they would get fired.

Return to Michigan