The current wolf population in Upper Michigan....

dmcianfa

The current wolf population in Upper Michigan....

Postby dmcianfa » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:44 am

A HOT TOPIC THAT IS DISCUSSED MUCH AFTER THE DEER SEASON IN MANY NORTHERN AREAS OF MICHIGAN!!!

Your thoughts and comments are welcome in addition to your choice(s).   Remember, you can choose multiple choices.  (please let everyone know what you picked if you post any opinions on the matter).  Thanks
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

DeerCamp

RE: The current wolf population in Upper Michigan....

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:49 am

I feel there are way to many up there. Ive seen a bunch each year I hunt up there. Last season while sitting in a ground blind I had a pack come walking by. A few years before that I saw one chasing a doe, and this year my buddy had 5 come by his stand. I hear all the time from locals up there that there are way to many. Im starting to believe it as Ive seen more and more of them up there but yet hardly any yotes.. Kinda strange..
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:11 am

I'm for a limited hunt, BEFORE they do get out of hand. 

pschuh32

Postby pschuh32 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:01 pm

I think they're on the brink of being out of control and a limited hunting or trapping season should be created to keep the numbers in check.  If you're not seeing coyotes in an area there are probably wolves in the area, wolves will kill coyotes if they're around their core area just like hunting dogs that venture to close.  The U.P., Wisconsin, and Minnesota was fine without wolves.  It's strange, this country is a democracy yet I don't remember voting to have wolves brought back into the region, yet our tax money is used for their destruction when livestock are killed.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:58 am

Very good point, we should at the very least have some amount of say in the matter if OUR dollars are being used to control and/or introduce populations by our state government agencies.  Yet, another referendum that our representatives fail at accomplishing.
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

Return to Michigan