What would you do?

Paul T.

What would you do?

Postby Paul T. » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:20 am

I have been married and hunting on this family property for 23 years .  In the last 15 yrs. we have had a neighborhood family that is not related also hunting the property.  They themselves have access to approx. 1/4 of the section that we do not.  They hunt on the edge of it using ours to access  theirs from our property.  But, They hug the edge where ever my son and I hunt.  It doesn't matter where we set they come.  This season their son took up bowhunting right at season and didn't put in any practice time per say.  He has wounded two bucks this season, one 6pt. and a 140" approx. 8 pt.  Both deer didn't get followed up on.  His statement to me was rather light hearted about tracking them out.  I kept my mouth shut and told him a harvest meant you actually take the deer home.  I am about to put the stop to them having access to the property.  No more Mr. Nice Guy.  We have hunted to accomodate their movement but, I have had enough They are not family and they have the best part of the section to themselves .  Oh , by the way when they moved into the neighborhood I quit hunting that property to allow them to have it to themselves.  Alot of good that did.
Any comments???
Michigans Thumb!!!

Return to Michigan