Bio

DeerCamp

Bio

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:38 pm

[font="microsoft sans serif"]Anyone from Michigan, leave a Bio of yourself. Let us know where you are from, how long you been hunting, what do you hunt with, your biggest deer, ect....

[color=#000099]My name is Jerry Ciuk Im 22 years old and I live in Midland Michigan. I go to Delta College, who I played college hockey for last year.  I am currently studying construction management. I am a front-end manager at the Home Depot in Midland. I have a girlfriend who goes to CMU, where I will spend some of the time there seeing her and scouting out new land. I am part of the Deer And Deer Hunting Pro Staff, and I will try my best to answer any questions that you may have. I hunt, Iron River, Escanaba, Newberry, Lincon,Jackson, Midland,Gladwin,Bay City, Mt. Pleasant, and Mio. Really anyplace that has land in Michigan Ill be hunting it. I have been hunting for about 9 years. I have take several deer in those nine years including 8 nice bucks. My biggest was an 8pt that I took Nov 15th 2006 in Iron River. I hunt all three season.  I take great pride in my hunting, and put in a lot of work for the hunt. I love to hunt any kind of animal, and I really enjoy turkey hunting. In my free time, Im either shooting my bow, playing hockey, hunting, fishing,bowfishing or just kickin it back with family and friends.
[/font][/color]
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

mag30079

RE: Bio

Postby mag30079 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:30 am

My name is Mark, I'm 33 married for 11 years I have one son just shy of a year old. I work for a noise and vibration test consulting firm. I've tested everything from cars, to tractors, medical, and even compund bows. The bow testing was by far my favorite. I've been hunting 10 years 6 shotgun 4 bow. My biggest deer was a doe that dressed out at 138lbs. I'm still waiting for my first rack buck. The guys I learned from are meat hunters, so a deers a deer. When I took up bow hunting thats when I thought I start reading everything I could on trophy hunting. I've been shooting archery since I could hold a bow. In my spare time I like building or making stuff. I've made a drop blind for my tree stand, a 3d deer target, 2 3d turkeys, bow vise arrow spin tester, 2 block targets and afew other misc targets. I've tried to post one but can't seem to get my pitures small enough. I've hunted hillsdale, gregory, pinkney, onsted, west branch, battle creek, and brighton.

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:29 am

Hey Guys, my name's Mark as well. I'm 21 and a senior at Michigan State University. I'm originally from Grand Rapids, MI and that is where I do most of my bow hunting. I also hunt with my bow and muzzleloader south of Gun Lake in Shelby and then use my rifle up in Mesick, just south of Traverse City. I've been hunting and fishing my whole life, and I also worked at Gander Mountain for almost 3 years. I am also a member of the D & DH Internet Pro Staff, so feel free to hit me up with questions as well. I stuck a nice buck last fall with a tall 6 pt rack, but I've got my eye on an 10 pt and 8 pt that I've seen roaming around my land this summer. I also run a deer hunting blog that I created this summer, which highlights some new tips, news and stories for the "next generation" of hunters. Feel free to check it out at www.wiredtohunt.wordpress.com . Looking forward to hearing more from ya'll. Hopefully we'll all be filling our tags in the next couple months!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:47 am

Alright, hey guys, I'm relatively new to the site but i have been addicted since i found it lol, my name is Matt I'm 21 years old had have been gun/muzzleloader hunting since i was 14 and this is my first year bow hunting. I go to school at Wayne State in Detroit and live about an hour north of Detroit in St. Clair. I cook in a nursing home in St. Clair as well, yes it is actually real food ;) I have taken several does and 2 bucks in the past 7 years and this is my first year hunting on anything other than state land, and im pretty excited for it. I have 400+ acres of old farmland and woods to hunt on located in Smiths Creek. Both bucks i have shot were six pointers, one was decent rack for havingonly  6 points and the other wasnt so impressive but on the stateland i normally hunt if you dont take what you see, the guy sitting 50 yards from you will :/ so if it were my own land i def would of passed on both of them, but that wasnt the case. I also race in Figure 8's around SE MI, in Armada, Richmond, Goodells etc.. and enjoy fishing, football, music, movies and tv. I have a gf of two years and she is student teaching next semester, i look forward to talking to you guys and sharing information with each other! Good luck to all of you this year! It's already been an exciting year and were only 2 weeks in!

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:18 am

Hello all michiganders,

My name is Dominick.  I'm 29 and was born and raised in a small town west of Escanaba, MI in the great white north that is known as the Upper Penninsula.  I've been hunting deer for 23 years now, ever since I could follow my father through the woods.  I'd rather not say what age I shot my first deer, but let's just say I learned rather quickly.  I've got plenty of deer under my belt and probably to many to count, but they all fell to a good cause, my appetitie for venison!! Ha.  I've looked down at antlers on numerous occasions, though not every year, and my biggest to date is a 19" spread Typical Eight pointer with some descent mass and length with my bow, which reminds me I should get scored one of these days!  In any case, I hunt hard and value the land and everything nature has to offer in my home state and feel the same way about the deer I hunt.  I am a Mech. Engineer and an alumni of Mich. Tech. University.   When I'm not working, I'm rifle hunting, bowhunting, turkey huntin, grouse hunting, walleye and bass fishing, and golfing as well.  I love my new wife and have no kids yet, but hope to pass down the traditions of nature and everything it has to offer to my kids as my father did.  Recently, I've had the chance to hunt in Buffalo County, WI and see some dandy wallhangers last year, but couldn't get any of them within bow range as they were trailing a hot doe, but let me tell you; I've never seen anything that big in my entire hunting life and that got me to come back again this year.  Frankly, We just don't grow them like that in the U.P.  Anyway, hope to get to know everyone a lot better and share our thoughts, ideas, and opinions with some fellow hunters as dedicated to this pasttime as me. 
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

Paul T.

Postby Paul T. » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi folks,
My name is Paul Taylor , I am a lic. Builder in the county of Tuscola.  That is in the base of the thumb.  I have been married to the same understanding wife for 23 years , have 3 kids two boys one girl.  I have hunted for 31 years and have been very blessed with a great number of deer both taken in the north country and the thumb.  My largest was a 9 pt. scoring in the 140's.  I am involved in my church and with a group called "Huntin the Truth" .   We have two young men who have a vision to bring together hunters in the christian faith the same way we hunt our quarry.  I really support the thought and the vision.  I am an avid deer hunter both gun and bow and muzzleloader.  Love upland birds and bunnies.  I also love to trap when I have time.  Mostly predators. 

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Where in the Thumb do you hunt Paul? I hunt up there on some state land sometimes, my grandparents used to have a place near it.

Paul T.

Postby Paul T. » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:05 am

I live just outside of the town of Mayville.  I have also hunted around Caro years ago off of wireline road. 
Michigans Thumb!!!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:11 am

Oh ok, when i go up there I'm more NE of ya, around Harbor Beach area, "Verona state game area" to be more specific. Good luck this year!

Paul T.

Postby Paul T. » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:09 am

Know the area.  Took a nice six point last night at 18 yrds last night.
Made the shot and he took two bounds and stood there for a couple of minutes and went down within  20 yards of the impact.
Michigans Thumb!!!

Next

Return to Michigan