Bio

Paul T.

RE: Bio

Postby Paul T. » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Hey ScootD
    I have been bow hunting for over 33 years and have seen it and done it in most all situations.  I have gone from being afraid of heights to hunting at rediculose heights.  I have missed easy shots and made some that I should not have taken.  DON'T  beat yourself up over this, this is why we call it hunting.  What I have found to be something for me that has helped with "finishing the hunt" has been competing with my son on a father - son target league.  The competion helps to make us focus and with the friendly heckling that goes on you have to focus.  Just remember to talk yourself through the shot before it even happens.  It will help to pass the time when your being vigilant on stand to imagine deer in certian spots and different angels before it even presents itself.  Than when the moment of truth comes you will have already "dress rehearsed" that situation and you will become more proficent.
It is good that we do take a miss hard it means you care and you do pride yourself on being a good hunter ..  When I was coaching my boy and his buddies I would tell them you can feel bad over a miss or a lose until the next game or day which ever is shorter.  Learn from your misses and grow. 
Good luck and shot straight! Many blood coverd arrows to you!!

Paul T.
Michigans Thumb!!!

ironmike

Postby ironmike » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 am

congrads paul on your kill
live in the thumb area for many years in differnt places. love to hunt small game & deer.
have taken a few deer in my years of hunting about 41 years and old timer.

Paul T.

Postby Paul T. » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:43 am

What part of the Thumb ironmike .  I am just outside of Mayville.
Michigans Thumb!!!

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Howdy all. I'm brand new to the site but have been getting the magazine for a few years now. My name is Brian am 44, live in Saginaw, work mostly in the Mt.Pleasant area and hunt Farwell, Clare, Omer, Raber, and the Oscoda areas. Been hunting since I was a kid. I mainly bowhunt but muzzleload and rifle too. D&DH is such a great magazine I figured I HAD to start chattin. 

Mossberg535

Postby Mossberg535 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:17 am

Hello All,
My name is Alex, and I live in Oakland Township, in the northern part of Oakland County, for those of you unfamiliar with the area. I am 20 years old, and this is my 2nd year hunting Whitetails. I got my first buck last year on my property, with my Mossberg 535, hence my name, it was a 7pt. After getting my first deer, I was hooked, and this year I got a doe, and an 11pt buck with my Bow. Now i spend most of my mornings sitting in the woods with my muzzle loader, hopping to get one with that. I love all forms of outdoors, including fishing, and small game hunting. I attend Oakland Universtiy, and I am going for a Computer Science degree. God is the most important thing to me, and the fact that Jesus Christ is my savior has made my life worth living. Don't worry, I wont force this one down your throat though, but if your interested Ide love to tell you more. Snowboarding is another passtime of mine, and sporting clays rank up there with the top things I love to do as well. I look forward to getting to know you all better throgh the poasts, and perhaps meeting you in the woods.

Previous

Return to Michigan