Bio

Demoderby4

RE: Bio

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:10 am

Very cool, congrats! good to hear someone knows how to shoot , unlike this guy lol, but thats cool, always good to hear about someone getting something, im gonna head up to Verona next week do a little scouting, im not sure if i will be up there opening day, but never hurts to get a spot picked out just in case. I went out today and walked around a little bit on some state land by my house, saw one rub and it was a month or so old, nothing much happening out there, probly wont head back out there until the rut, anything can happen even in relatively dead piece of land.

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:01 am

Congrats Paul!

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:14 am

dmcianfa,

I feel as if I should know you. I've worked with tons of people who went Mich Tech. I work in the noise and vibration community. Most either went to Mich tech, U of Cinn, or Purdue. Matter of fact a guy I work with is from Hancock MI, and went to Mich Tech.

I glad to see more people from Michigan, Hello to all

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:05 am

Congrads Paul on the Nice Deer!! I believe your the 1st one from Michigan to bag on on this forum. Congrads again!

Welcome back Mags!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:44 am

mag30079,

feel free to drop me a post if your ever up in my neck of the woods, I'd be happy to show you how to have a good time in yooperland! LOL:)  Oooh, vibrations.  I enjoyed that class, but it was still tough.  Can't imagine actually working in that industry though.  My official title is a Process(quality) Engineer, but from time to time I have to read an accelerometer or two. hahahh.  Thats plenty enough for me.  good luck this hunting season!
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

Paul T.

Postby Paul T. » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:48 pm

Thanks Deercamp,  I have had the pleasure of doing a little pheasent hunting since I got the buck and with low bird numbers and a young new lab I have been happy to harvest two nice ringnecks on two differnt evening hunts.  Good luck to you as well and shoot straight. 
Michigans Thumb!!!

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Have any good pics of your deer Paul? I'd love to check them out, maybe post them on the "Buck Pole" thread.
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

ScootD

Postby ScootD » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:42 am

Hey everyone my name is Scott and this is my first year trying out bow hunting. I'm 25 and have only been hunting a handful of times in my life but love just being in the woods. Like I said this is my first year trying out bowhunting and have only seen one doe and fawn together. They came in about a week and a half ago and gave me a pretty exciting hunt. The doe came in first and walked right under me and behind the tree I was sitting in, then I heard the fawn but did not know it was a fawn at first so I didn't get my bow off the hook until they got into my line of vision. They both walked over to where I was baiting before the ban and sniffed the ground and milled around in that area for a min. then started looking around and sniffing the air. By this time I was standing up and had my bow slowly moving to their direction, the doe caught wind of something and started to walk towards the woods where they walked out from. So i slowly turned to get myself set up for a shot when she spotted me, but to my surprise she didn't run off like I thought she would she just stomped the ground trying to get me to move. She stomped about 3-4 times then started to walk away so I started to turn to follow her so I could keep an eye on her just in case she gave me a shot. She saw me again and once again all she did was stomped her hoof trying to get a feel for what I was, but I kept my cool and didn't move a muscle. Finally she walked into some brush behind a couple of trees that were grouped together so I had a chance to turn fully and set up to where I thought she was going to come out. She walked to the left of my stand and stopped about 15-20 yards broadside. By this time I was at full draw so all I had to do was set my pin and steady myself for the shot. I got set and released but the [email=B!@#$]B!@#$[/email] jumped my string and I shot right over the top of her back. She jumped and ran about 30 yards then stopped looking around trying to figure out what just happened. To my surprise she just walked back towards me so by this time I had another arrow ready to be nocked but didn't wanna risk spooking her so I just held it in my hand. She walked right over to my arrow and bent down to smell it lifted her head then bent down smelled my arrow again then turned and walked away from me. I don't know how many of you have ever had something like this happen to you but after it happened to me I felt kinda of discouraged and didn't want to hunt again. After talking to other hunters that have said this happened to them I felt a little better. Now when I was going to go back out the weather hasn't been cooperating so I have yet to get back out in the woods to take another crack at getting that doe or maybe even the buck that has been leaving monster sized rubs and a couple of scrapes just to the left of my tree stand. So maybe tomorrow or halloween I am going to get back out there and give it another shot. So if any of you has any words of encouragement to give me feel free to either post here or send me a personal message.
Thanks a lot.
Scott

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:55 am

Dont' get too down on yourself Scoot! We all miss at times. It was prob. your first shot in the field while hunting with a bow too so nerves are going to be very high. I did the same thing you did about 3 weeks ago or so, (its my first year too! ;) but my arrow went below her instead of over her :/ she took off and i lost her in some brush about 30 yards away. I totally rushed the shot, i was shaking and so nervous (i can't imagine how i'll be if and when i ever get a chace at a buck!) i should of tried to calm myself down, she was on a b-line to the acorns that im hunting and i freaked out thinking i wouldn't get a shot. Then when she stopped broadside to eat i shot immediately, it was about 25 yards, which i feel comfortable with, it is prob. my max i would shoot though. It was so stupid on my part, i should of waited and took my time, but i didnt, (lesson learned) and to make it worse i havent seen another deer when hunting since then :/ but like you said just being outdoors is great! And getting to just see deer is a rush! Don't let it get to you, there are many more deer out there, ya just gotta be patient! when i missed it made me more determined than ever to get a shot at another doe or even better maybe a buck! Keep hunting it's a really good way to forgive yourself for a missed shot! :)

ScootD

Postby ScootD » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:39 pm

Demoderby4 thanks for the words of encouragement but the thing is, I wasn't to excited and by the time I took my shot I was not shaking with nerves and felt like I was just watching her through my sight. I do appreciate that you told me that you also missed one about 3 weeks ago so that makes me feel a little bit better. [:D] As far as not hunting anymore the only reason I have not been out is for one the weather in my neck of the woods had not been all that great and I have been sick for about a week now. But once again I appreciate the words of encouragement and hopefuly I can keep my calm the next time I see a deer that is within my shooting range.

Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan