Who Has The Biggest MI Buck on Trailcam?

WiredToHunt

Who Has The Biggest MI Buck on Trailcam?

Postby WiredToHunt » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 pm

I thought we could all have a friendly competition here and see who has the biggest MI buck on trailcam! Post up your best buck in MI and see how he stacks up.

Here's mine. He's a 130 class buck that I'm hunting down in Jackson. Lets see your guys' pics!

Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

badtoys

RE: Who Has The Biggest MI Buck on Trailcam?

Postby badtoys » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:26 pm

heres mine

WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:31 pm

and the other

WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 am

Thats a dandy Badtoys! I think you got me beat!
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:50 pm

I think Badtoys took that pic at a peting zoo! lol

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:45 pm

ha very funny it's an old mineral lick since we can not put bait out anymore in mi

ORIGINAL: Gulfcapt

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:56 pm

my problem is i it is 2 different bucks one has been there for 6 years but i donot see them in hunting season how can i get them to move to me during dayllight

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:11 am

Badtoys that is a fine deer you have there!

These older wiser bucks got this way for a reason, Im probably preaching to the quire here! If you have a climber I would try setting up in different locations if possible.. You can't bait but try spraying yourself down with C'MERE deer its a apple scent and that will attracked them in! My Nephew swears by the stuff he uses it for both cover scent and a attractent to get them close to him, and it works for him! Thats if it is legal for you guys to do it.

Btw very best of luck with that monster badtoys
ORIGINAL: badtoys

my problem is i it is 2 different bucks one has been there for 6 years but i donot see them in hunting season how can i get them to move to me during dayllight

westmibow

Postby westmibow » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:02 am

You got me beat those are dandys for sure.

Some advise that I have learned over the past 3 years from a good friend of mine and a very succesful hunter. These old mature deer will go nocturnal very fast as soon as they notice your presence. So you have that going against you, also since we have about a 10 to 1 doe to buck ratio there is no reason for them to chase does during the day because there is plenty to go around. Your best bet is to figure out where they are bedding, if not specific area at least a general area of woods, thicket, etc. You can do this by scouting now if you see him in a hay field or bean field or better yet you see him come out into the field. Now you have a direction he is coming from, a time that he is getting to the field. Try to back track from there and you will probably find rubs along a trail or even his tracks. You can use ariels to say well my best guess is here or here and set up a stand as close to there as you can, wait for the right wind and see what happens.

I did this just this past weekend. I saw one of the bucks I want to hunt coming out into an alfalfa field. The next day I did some fast scouting on our Ranger and noticed rubs along a trail that leads to a thicket and a large doe bedding area. Now I know where he is coming out and I cut that distance from the field probably 200 yards. Hopefully I can score on him early while he still has a little bit of a pattern.

Good luck man those are monsters!!!

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 am

That looks like a nice buck! I havent had much luck here as I have only put the camera out a few times. ( I get scared having it out on state land.) I usally will leave both my cuddebacks out in the UP for a long time though when gun season comes around, so I should have some nice pics there..

Here are a few bucks we got coming to our spot though.

"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Next

Return to Michigan