Escanaba In Da Moonlight Buck

DeerCamp

Escanaba In Da Moonlight Buck

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:00 pm

I forgot to mention when I was in Escanaba hunting this past weekend, I was filling up my 4-wheeler and started talking hunting to the guy next to me.. Needless to say he was tickled to death to find someone who seemed to love hunting as much as he did. He got a photo album out of his truck and started showing me pictures. He had taken some monsters lotta nice deer big 10's and 12's....But there was one buck that really caught my eye. It was a Monster buck! I kept staring at this buck, saying to myself I had seen this buck before... I staired at it for several mins.. He told me that was the Escanaba buck.. And I said yeah thats a nice deer, and then it hit me.. It's the buck in the movie Escanaba In Da Moonlight. ya know the big one on the wall where he says a 50 point buck..." And thats when he spoke to me...He spoke to you? Take me remnar take me now" hahaa...It was really cool to see that buck. Im not sure if it was the real buck or a repo of it..

Needless to say I am now thinking about it and I really wish I asked him how he got his hands on that deer..

Here is a part from the movie.. The deer is shown at the time of 4:25-5:25 for those of you who have never seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GTsGfh_PTA
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

WiredToHunt

RE: Escanaba In Da Moonlight Buck

Postby WiredToHunt » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:08 pm

LOL awesome movie. Another great Yooper production is the song, "Da Turdy Point Buck". Defintely one of my favorite pre hunting traditions is to sing along to it before I hit the woods haha. Here's a youtube video of "Da Turdy Point Buck"  http://wiredtohunt.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/opening-day-of-deer-season-in-michigan/

Return to Michigan