Rumor?

DeerCamp

Rumor?

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:00 pm

I heard a rumor from a friend today.. He had heard that they just put a ban on baiting in the UP.. I looked on the MIDNR site and couldnt find anything. I was wondering if anyone heard anything about this, or if it was just a rumor he heard?

I really think that would be a big loss if they banned baiting in the UP. A LOT AND I MEAN A LOT of hunters cross the bridge every year to go Gun hunting up there. I think it's fine that it's banned down state here, but up there would really hurt a lotta hunters. I feel that it shouldnt be banned there. Unless the CWD hits up there.. which sadly sooner or later it will.

One new rule up there that I like is the NO SPIKES rule.. I think that needs to take effect down here as well.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

burris

RE: Rumor?

Postby burris » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:57 am

I live in the u.p. and havent heard anything about not baiting, It  must be a rumor.
 Only if you buy the combo license, you are unable to shoot a buck with under 3pts on a side. You can still buy a single license and shoot any buck you want, but only one buck for the season.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:22 pm

if you buy a combo you can shoot any size deer with a bow. for tag 1. for tag 2 it has to be 4 or more on one side. (both deer can be bucks.) its no spikes up there this year either.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

burris

Postby burris » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:36 am

You can shoot any buck with antlers 3 or more inches in length in the u.p. If you buy one kill tag, you can use this tag for bow, or rifle, but if you fill it during bow season youre done hunting unless you have a doe tag.  If you buy the combo tag, you still have to shoot a buck with 3pts on a side for your first tag and 4 points for the second tag during bow season, or you can youse these tags to shoot does during bow season.

Return to Michigan