Where are you from?

AlleganBowhunter

Where are you from?

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:48 pm

I searched and searched, but think I missed it.  Anyway I thought it would be cool to see where everyone is from and where they hunt.  Even what you hunt.  Maybe even find a new hunting partner nearby!

I live west of the city of Allegan, pretty much in the middle of the Allegan State Game area.  I hunt the public land around my house and a small private parcel north east of Plainwell.  Both in Allegan County.

I hunt mainly deer (bow and some gun) and some turkey and squirrels with my longbow.  I would like to chase some bunnies with my bow one of these days.

I am married to a Yooper so I also get to hunt private land in Perkins area of the central UP (Delta County) usually one weekend a year. 

So whats your story?  [8|]
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

smitty

RE: Where are you from?

Postby smitty » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:24 pm

I grew up in northern lower around the town of Lewiston and hunted deer and small game on state land there.

Now a few years later and a couple of tours to Iraq and a wife I live on 40 ac. in Wallace mi.  Its pretty much in the center of Menominee Co.  Here I hunt deer mostly with my bow and do a little gun hunting to, but not much.  I also like small game hunting and bear hunting.  I would like to get into coyote a little more.
"Freedom Isn't Free"

tnt1960

Postby tnt1960 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:09 am

I live in Macomb Twp., which is in Macomb County. My 2 brothers own 38 acres in North Branch, Michigan, which is up in Lapeer County. It`s an hour drive from my house. I hunt for deer either with my bow, or my muzzleloader. So far, I`ve only taken a doe during the early antlerless season. I`ve got the whole firearm season off, so I`ve been hunting everyday. I keep waiting for the "big guy" to show up.
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:23 am

I live in Saginaw, but hunt the Clare area along with Arenac County for deer. Mainly bow, but guns during gun season. I'll even bow hunt when it's -20! Love it! 

fatbob240

Postby fatbob240 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:21 am

I'm from the Lewiston area but I hunt wherever I can. I've hunted the Irons area, Shiawassee (both the state and federal sides), Ohio and I've been to Colorado for elk twice. It's getting to be a 'rich mans' sport so I hunt close to home for the most part. Mostly bowhunting and I go as much as I possible.
Goal: 1 shot= 1 kill

Deersavvy

Postby Deersavvy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:03 pm

I live in midland and hunt a few tracts of state land in the area. I also hunt a small piece of private land just outside of town. I grew up in arenac county and still do a lot of hunting there on my familiy's property. I love bowhunting but do enjoy the first few days of gun season. After that I look forward to the snow so I can get back out there with my bow. Lateseason bowhuning is my favorite. My hunting isn't limited to deer either. I love turkey hunting and hope to get drawn for a bear tag soon. The best part of my hunting excursions is that I get to share them with my wife and we have a lot of fun. Since we got married two years ago she has started to enjoy bowhunting and now she loves it. This fall she got her first deer and now she's hooked. Halfway through the season this year she got the new mathews passion and has been trying to get a deer with it but hasn't had the right opportunity yet. Now she is waiting for her first buck.

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:03 am

I live in Reedsville, WI right now, but grew up and spent most of my adult life in Hermansville, MI, Menominee County in the U.P.  I still do most of my hunting up there in that area, especially Nadeau and Faithhorn Township where I hunt everything under the sun when I can find the time.  Deer, bear, grouse, woodcock, rabbit, coyote, ducks, geese, you name it I've tried it or do still hunt it practically.  I gave up trapping for fur after high school, but wish I didn't now.  Every bit of free time is spent up there at our cabin with 440 acres total spread over two tracts of land and the wife likes it too, since most of her family is also from the area.  I've recently done some self guided hunts around various parts of Wisconsin and Minnesota since I'm a resident now in the former.  I really wish I wasn't a cheesehead, but you gotta go where the work is as there really isn't much in the U.P. except paper mills and those are few and far in between and going downhill with the economy now too.  Anyway, paying out of state license fee's now is definetely starting to become concerning.  Whel, good luck to all the fellow michiganders and especially yoopers as I still consider myself since one since my heart is in the U.P., but my arse is still stuck in cheeseland.  Aw whel, I'll be back up there full time some day. 
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

TFin04

Postby TFin04 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:07 am

I'm from enemy territory...Ann Arbor. I purposely drove through downtown with a bloody, gutted out deer in the back of the truck just to ruffle some feathers.

Jhamm3328

Postby Jhamm3328 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:48 am

I'm from Muskegon. I hunt a small section of about 35 acres near the wastewater system out off of Maple Island road. This is actually my first year hunting. I only hunted deer this year with a scoped .270. I really enjoyed it. This was my full first season. I maybe went once or twice and sat with my uncles and watched but never hunted myself. I was lucky enough to score a 6 point as my first ever deer. I was pretty excited as I dont hunt from a stand. I was following deer tracks around my property and was being sneaky (a few years in the military and a tour in Iraq happened to help) when I came up on him feeding and took a shot off of a small hill that had been pushed up my uncles backhoe a few month before rifle season had started!

I hope everyone else had good luck too!!

Jesse

HAPPY HUNTING![/font]

3tail

Postby 3tail » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:07 am

I  live in jackson county and hunt privet land  with bow only  have done a little bit of bunny hunting with my bow thats lots of fun .

Next

Return to Michigan