Where are you from?

paulie

RE: Where are you from?

Postby paulie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:23 am

I'm in Unadilla township (southwest Livingston CO), I pretty much only hunt deer. hunt two (small) properties nearby, five acres (I said small didnt I) about a mile from my house and, forty acres in Stockbridge (about ten minutes away, in southeast Ingham CO).I hunt with a bow and shotgun (no centerfire's allowed down here). I'd like to try hunting with my handgun(Ruger Blackhawk) but, I need a little (ok, maybe alot) more practice first.

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm from Grand Rapids, MI. I bowhunt in Kent County on our families land behind our house. We also have a cabin up in the Copemish Area of the Northern Lower, where I rifle hunt....But I'm moving to Ann Arbor after christmas, where I will be renting a farm house on a 100 acre farm...so I'll be doing a lot of hunting there next year.

I love hunting deer, turkey, upland birds and I def wanna try my hand at bear, elk, moose, etc
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

boxcallkid

Postby boxcallkid » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Hello...Fellow Michiganders!
Glad to see that there are neighbors on a popular website. I'm looking forward to making updates on future waterfowl, smallgame, shed hunting mushrooming, turkey,archery&gun deer hunts, and of course living on the muskegon river in Newaygo county, steelhead and walleye action.
Like gramps used to say, "Why is it there's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over?"

heart n sole

Postby heart n sole » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:42 am

From Highland, Milford area. I hunt Huron National Forest, locally, and a farm in the Beaverton area where i'm from. I love deer with bow and gun, and won't pass up partridge, woodcock, turkey and pheasant when I get the chance.

drdaven

Postby drdaven » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:19 pm

I am from Deckerville in Sanilac county up in the nail bed of the Thumb.  I live just off of lake Huron and according to my wife, I hunt everything.  Hunting season starts on Sept. 1st with early goose and ends at the tail end of March with bunnies.  My passion is bowhunting.  I have taken deer, yotes, fox, squirrels and turkeys with my bow.  Missed a ringneck and tried to take bear but the pesky buggers wouldn't show up during legal shooting light.
Might try hunting early goose with my bow next Sept. (I think it's legal)  Just have to convince myself to leave the gun in the truck. LOL
Hunting the Michigan Thumbs agricultural mecca...farm country bucks taste the best.

Jefstar47

Postby Jefstar47 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Well isn't that ironic. I currently live in Carrollton, but I grew up in Deckerville. Actually, technically, since it was north of Mills Rd. it was Palms, but I is from D'Ville.

My huntin place is my folks property across from where I grew up. Just gun hunt.

RubyCreekHunter

Postby RubyCreekHunter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:35 am

Greetings fellow Michiganders,

I`m from North Muskegon and me and a buddy hunt the Ruby Creek area, which is in the Manistee Nat. forest, at the top of Oceana/Newago cnty. My buddy has a trailer on the little Pere Marquette river that we call deer camp.
  My buddy shoved a .32 into my hands and dragged me out in to the woods 9 years ago and we`ve been every season since.
  I`m pretty much a novice, in fact after reading this forum for the last 3 months, i realize i`ve been one of those guys that most of you hate...you know the moron walking around all over the place, making noise, etc., etc.?
  I`ve sure learned alot from this forum, like the fact that i`m never going to see a mature buck[:(] unless i start using the tactics that you`ve all shared here on the forum...Thanks to all of you for sharing your wisdom.
  We only rifle hunt(now i`ve got my own .270) but i`d like to start bowhunting also(never shot one). Looks like the cost of a decent bow and other equipment could be more than my gun though!

Rayning Blood

Postby Rayning Blood » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 pm

I live in Jersey,home of all-u-can-shoot Does

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 am

My name is Jerry.. I go to college at Ferris State, so its safe to say I will be doing a lot of my hunting in the Big Rapids area. As far as where I have hunted, it's safe to say all over Michigan. However I have property in Iron River, Lincon, Oscoda and Jackson that is family owend that I ca In hunt on. I have also hunted a lot in Midland County and Clare County.

If one can buy a tag for it, you can bet Im going to chase it. This past year I went on a deer, bear, turkey, and even did an elk hunt with my uncle who happend to get a nice bull elk.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

DavidP

Postby DavidP » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:53 am

I live in Caro, Michigan - More of a big game hunter than small game - During hunting season you find me on State land in the thumb...

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan