Archery Opener - Where Will You Be?

WiredToHunt

Archery Opener - Where Will You Be?

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Opening day of archery season is just months away! Opening day/weekend I'll be splitting my time between my farm in Dexter, MI and another property I have to hunt down in Jackson County. Been seeing a decent number of 130-140" bucks in the area, so my hopes are high!

Who's going to be hitting the woods with a bow and where are you guys going to be at?
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

smitty

RE: Archery Opener - Where Will You Be?

Postby smitty » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 pm

I will be hunting my property in the morning and then I have to travel north for my national guard drill weekend.  kinda bummed, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
"Freedom Isn't Free"

AlleganBowhunter

Postby AlleganBowhunter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Opening day will be at a secret public land spot (hopefully with no other hunters around [8|] ) in the Allegan Area.  Have to work nights the rest of the weekend so time will be limited to maybe a midday public land hunt Saturday or Sunday, or both if I sweet talk the wife!

The second weekend the brother in law and I will be hitting a few public spots and hitting the family land near Plainwell.

Smitty:  Thank you for your service Brother!  Sorry to hear your weekend is being cut short but like ya said ya gotta do what ya gotta do!  Stay safe.
Aim for the center of the target... the center of an aspirin is the same size as the center of a basketball. The difference is mental.

John in Michigan.

eagle eye

Postby eagle eye » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:45 am

I grew up hunting an area called Bear Creek in the Sterling area and Graduated from MSU in "87 so throughout school hunted several areas near Williamson. I still have a lifetime archery license but no longer have any access knowledge of good public areas in Michigan. I would love to gt back up to the Great Lake state if any one has any suggestions. I now live in Georgia and will be spending most of my time on a 1900 acre lease about two hours east of Atlanta.
Have a great season and continue to show your gratitude for what you have to others less fortunate!
John Wojtas
Enjoying the moment and always striving to enhance our hunting heritage

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:19 am

In West Virginia, where I hunt, we are again having a special 'Doe-Only' bow season starting the week of 13 Sept. Since one son and hunting companion is now in the desert with his Guard Unit, and the other son as well as my long-time hunting partner still work full-time jobs, guess I'll hit the mountains a few days alone. Expect it will still be warm, but plan to dig out my climbing stand (haven't used it for several years) and see what developes with that. Have a spot (general location) picked out and scouted it recently. Hunting in the Eastern Panhandle of WV.

westmibow

Postby westmibow » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:22 am

Hunting my in law's property near Gobles, MI with my wife. Then we have to drive up to Grand Rapids for my brother's wedding. Don't worry I gave him crap for getting married on the opener.

crease

Postby crease » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:26 pm

I'll be right up the road from you in Gregory on state land,the farm I had permission to hunt is not availible due to the ownwer of the farm passing and his family asked that I don't hunt because they are trying to sell it and I can't afford to lease it.fortunately I have 600 acres of back up property in Grayling for muzzleloading and of course the traditional Michigan deer camp you know, cards,drinking great food past and present deer hunting stories and family and friends.
Hunt ethically and hunt safe

paulie

Postby paulie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:12 pm

I'll be in Stockbridge (MI), nestled between two fields of standing corn. Crease, where abouts in Gregory do you hunt? I live near the Unadilla State Game Area, there is a lot of state land close by.

3tail

Postby 3tail » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:12 am

I will be hunting in jackson county not far from jcc .

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:25 am

I won't be too far from ya 3Tail....Got some big deer round there!
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

Next

Return to Michigan