Traditions Pursuit LT Accelerator .50-Caliber Break-Open Muzzleloader with Scope

cjgaleana

Traditions Pursuit LT Accelerator .50-Caliber Break-Open Muzzleloader with Scope

Postby cjgaleana » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:29 pm

I just bought a Traditions Pursuit LT Accelerator .50-Caliber Break-Open Muzzleloader with Scope and was wondering what someone with knowledge of blackpowder rifles thinks about this muzzleloader? I paid 399 for it a Gander Mountain. What I really want to know is are they safer than they use to be?

Thanks

Fan Club

RE: Traditions Pursuit LT Accelerator .50-Caliber Break-Open Muzzleloader with Scope

Postby Fan Club » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Muzzle loaders have always been safe, not much different than most other firearms- treat every gun as if it were loaded, keep it pointed in a safe direction, don't cock it until necessary and keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. Guns 101.

I think what you meant to ask was "Is it more dependable?"

The answer to that would be yes. Most modern MLs use 209 shotgun primers these days which burn much hotter than the old percussion caps that were subject to misfires. The break-open design is state-of-the-art. With the primer enclosed it is not exposed to the elements, virtually insuring that the gun will go off when you want it to provided the breech plug is clean.

It should be a safe, dependable gun that you will enjoy for many seasons to come.
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it."
Teddy Roosevelt

Return to Michigan