Moving to HIllsdale County !

WiredToHunt

Moving to HIllsdale County !

Postby WiredToHunt » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Looks like I'm 80% sure I'll be moving to Hillsdale County! Going to be renting a house on a 90 acre farm, 45 tillable (in corn now) and 45 timber and swamp. It's been "managed" under QDM principles the last 4-5 years and most the neighbors seem to be relatively on board with not shooting young bucks. Needless to say, I'm excited!

Anyone else down in the area?
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

motorbreaker

Re: Moving to HIllsdale County !

Postby motorbreaker » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 am

I used to do a lot of hunting in Hillsdale county years ago. It was a great place to hunt back then.
We killed a lot of deer there. you just have to hope your in an area thats not over hunted like
so many places in Mi are. What city are you going to be near?
Jake

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Good Luck on the move! The hunting is good down there. I would try to hang your stands early if you are able too. I have noticed that the deer down there move a lot more in the late season as well.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 pm

I'll be right around North Adams. It shoudl be pretty good! A 158 was taken on the property next door a year or so ago! And my landlord has qdm managed the property for the last 5 years
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:50 am

WiredToHunt wrote:I'll be right around North Adams. It shoudl be pretty good! A 158 was taken on the property next door a year or so ago! And my landlord has qdm managed the property for the last 5 years

I used to hunt Moscow and Jones ville areas back in the day. Nice area. Anything along us-12
is good hunting.
Jake

Return to Michigan