Primos Truth Serum and DROPins

Wolf River Hunter

Primos Truth Serum and DROPins

Postby Wolf River Hunter » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:37 pm

I swore I wouldn't buy anymore deer pee because it just turns to ammonia. Then there is Will Primos... saying it won't turn to ammonia. I should know better but.... Anyone using or try this stuff? I'm more curious about the DROPins for mock scrapes because I wouldn't have to "freshen" them as often.

Woods Walker

RE: Primos Truth Serum and DROPins

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:21 am

This is the first I've heard of this, and I find it amusing. Now I know nothing about Primos' new product, so I won't comment on that. But if this is what it is, it sounds like the urine bottlers finally caught on to what a lot of us have been saying about the urine/urea thing and have wised up, so they are changing their marketing.

The worst thing for them will be when hunters finally figure out that they'll do just as well with their OWN urine!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:49 am

I want to give this stuff a shot this year and test it to see if it really works. Sounds like a really good idea, and I have never had a complaint about any Primos product I've ever used. They're really good.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:57 am

I'm going with Woods Walker on this and going to freshen scrapes entirely this year with my own urine produced by Bush Light Beer that my body has processed from the night before! Through my own hunting experiences and trail camera experiments I have more than proven my theory that bucks don't spook from human urine or at least not mine! Many on this forum and others will attempt to argue this to no avail, I have seen the light!

Wolf River Hunter

Postby Wolf River Hunter » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:05 am

I'm out there peeing in my mock scrapes WW but there is only so much to go around!

The best luck I ever had was with a synthetic. Never had any luck to speak of with the "real" stuff. Just my logic here but I'm thinking the problem with anything real is it's going to break down too fast to be effective. But if someone can come up with something that smells "right" and can last a few days they might be on to something.

I should know better...there is a sucker born every minute and if I don't spend my money the wife will just buy shoes with it so I might as well give it to Primos.

Wolf River Hunter

Postby Wolf River Hunter » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:10 am

I did find a real scrape last week that I added a little recycled Hamms Light to and when I checked it this weekend there was a small sampling next to it just abused and broken to the ground.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:56 am

That deer was probably just P.O.'ed because you didn't leave him any! I know I'd be! [:D]

On the serious side, I predict that when the majority of deer hunters finally figure this out, the lure makers will then find a way to isolate the phermones in the urine (the stuff that actually DOES attract deer), and then sell just that, so that hunter's can ADD it to the scrape after they pee in it themselves.

The only problem with that, is that the testosterone that we males have is the same as a deer's. But if the could isolate FEMALE hormones.....now that might be worth a look.

It sures beats making your wife/girlfriend (or BOTH if you dare [;)]) come along just to "freshen things up"! [:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 pm

If anyone has any luck with this stuff let us all know. I'd be interested in seeing some consumer reviews.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 am

So has anyone used that Primos Deer poop with success?

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators