scent killer/cover scent

hunt4fun

scent killer/cover scent

Postby hunt4fun » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:04 pm

There are a lot of scent killing sprays that double as a cover scent, such as pine or autumn blend to name a few.  My question is, how does the spray kill the scent on my clothing if it can't even kill the scent of the cover scent?  Especially since the two have been mixing with each other since production.

Squirrelhawker

RE: scent killer/cover scent

Postby Squirrelhawker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:07 am

ORIGINAL: hunt4fun

There are a lot of scent killing sprays that double as a cover scent, such as pine or autumn blend to name a few.  My question is, how does the spray kill the scent on my clothing if it can't even kill the scent of the cover scent?  Especially since the two have been mixing with each other since production.

I've always assumed that any cover scent included would not interfere with the basic oxidizing reaction common to most scent killers. Oxidizers work best in the killing or neutralization of biologically based odors- sweat, bacteria,etc.

For myself I prefer handing these tasks separately with an unscented scent killer and then having the flexibility of choosing either no cover scent or something more neutrally all-purpose if desired. One of my faves has been "Essence of Fall."  Pricey though.

I think the best thing a deer hunter can smell like is air.

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators