Chlorophyll tablets

Oakarver

RE: Chlorophyll tablets

Postby Oakarver » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:15 pm

ORIGINAL: OLD TINK

Yes they work well. I purchased the Camo chlorophyll business called COVER from Dr Gene Wensel in about 1975 or so and put them on the market.

Tink Nathan AKA OLD TINK

Wow...just about missed this post. Can't believe I came here to read a bit and Tink is here. Nice to see you here!

Is that "Cover" still around? I used to love that stuff. It's making me drool as I type here..can still smell it. I can't even really describe what it smelled like. Wasn't like the chlorophyll tablets I used to take. Was kind of sweet smelling. Seemed to work well for me..those were the days...

"Cover" IS..or was..that clothing etc spray..right? 

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:34 pm

ORIGINAL: OLD TINK

Yes they work well. I purchased the Camo chlorophyll business called COVER from Dr Gene Wensel in about 1975 or so and put them on the market.

Gene Wensel is a famous whitetail expert His MOTTO was Bowhunters, Take Cover.

I Sold them as Tink's NON SCENT CAMO TABLETS. they were way way over the heads of bowhunters back in the 1970.
They don't sell well Only well-informed bowhunter buy and use them.

They reduce internal odors including breath bowels, etc I have sued them every season nonstop since 1975 and have had many animals feet from me that never winded me. Your wife will tell you you don't stink as much and your breath odor will go way down. The Major Ingredient is SODIUM COPPER CHLOROPHYLLIN I take one that has 60 MG per tablet capsule Got it @ GNC For $8.19 60 capsules 60 MG each Take about 4 to 6 a day 1/2 AM 1/2 PM Your stools will turn green and that tells you your chlorophylls working well.

Tink Nathan AKA OLD TINK

Welcome OLD TINK!

We shared a hunt together back in the mid '80's in Colorodo bow hunting mule deer. I cant remember the guide service, but you may remember a bunch of ol' redneck boys from MS. I really enjoyed all the stories and have used "Tink's" products from then on. Great to see you here on the forum.

I must say HELLO to all of you sense I haven't been on here in a while. The flood here in TN has had me streched pretty thin. It's also good to see some names that I haven't seen before.

Now, for the topic at hand, I have not tried these pills but as most of you that have gotten to know me a little know, I will try anything if I think it may give me a slight advantage over a deers nose. I'm actually glad to see this topic as I was thinking of giving it a try this year. This has given me even more insight on the chlorophyll.
Hunt as though your life depended on it, because one day it just might!

rsims

Postby rsims » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:49 pm

I have thought for a long time that hair and breathe expose us. Thanks for the the good info.

Foz

Postby Foz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Howdy:

Thanks for your interest in Nullo. I have a financial relationship with the Nullo company - just saying that so you can take what I say in context and choose your level skepticism - but Nullo is not chlorophyll. It is 100 mg of chlorophyllin copper complex [CCC] = a compound derived from chlorophyll and transformed into a water soluble compound. This is described in more detail on the Nullo website.

http://www.nullo.com/chlorophyllin.html

Nullo costs more than simple chlorophyll to manufacture and these costs are passed along - but you get something very different from plain chlorophyll.

Despite some modest marketing efforts towards hunters [basically a page at the website and a few bucks in Google ads during the run up to hunting season], hunters are a tiny part of the market for Nullo. Customers that use Nullo for hunting are cherished by the company – but it's a small part of the big picture - that is why the bottle isn't camouflage and there isn't an giant set of antlers on the label. Nullo is primarily sold to be used in hospitals, old folks homes, by those with profound bad breath, a colostomy, incontinence, et cetera. Nullo has been on the market for over 50 years - and the main ingredient has an FDA monograph describing it as "safe and effective" for use as an internal deodorant. Hunting aside, Nullo does work to reduce odor.

But, Nullo is not a magic a bullet for hunting. For hunters, Nullo at best can be part of a overall strategy to take less scent into the field and try to place yourself and such scent as you do carry advantageously relative to the windstream and your game's likely path of travel. In that context Nullo is apparently a useful tool – we are not hunting experts, but we do know Nullo will reduce the scent load you are carrying on and about your body and will reduce the scent load you puff out with every breath.

Professional hunters/guides who know a lot more about hunting than we do tell us Nullo helps them stay below the alert awareness threshold of the game longer - and that this helps them get a shorter/cleaner shot. We hear this particularly from bowhunters and folks who hunt in thick cover where even 10 yards of range reduction can make a difference in outcome.

Is Nullo a good idea for you?

Well… if you dribble diesel fuel on your pants at the gas station before going in the field and then plunk down upwind of the game trail, I personally don't see how it could do you much good. But if you are practicing even a modest scent control regime [bathe with unscented soap, no cologne on hunt days, etcetera…] and take reasonable effort to hunt the wind then Nullo certainly has the potential to be helpful.

smitty0220

Postby smitty0220 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:07 am

I have been a user of Nullo for the past 2 years and I can tell you it has made a major difference in my hunting! I have gotten closer to deer during these past two years, than I have in the last 15! Yes, I take all the usual precautions about scent elimination and this product just seems to cap it all off.

I have noticed a marked decrease in underarm oder as well as foot smell. It appears that I have one of those bodies that seem to "sweat" an excessive amount. Needless to say, when that happens, the bacteria reeks after a short period of time. With Nullo, my family and others have noticed that I am not as offensive (there just is no delicate way to phrase that........).

Great product and I am just a customer and dedicated user!

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 pm

You can get 90 gelcaps of Chlorophyllin Copper complex for under $10: http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Chlorofresh-90-Softgel-Capsules/1883?at=0

They have a liquid version as well: http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Chlorofresh-Liquid-Chlorophyll-Natural-Flavor-16-fl-oz-473-2-ml/1896?at=0

$5 off referral code for Iherb: JON208

Notice the reviews for both products btw.

Edit..they also carry the two Champignon Mushroom products I mentioned previously: http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=Champignon+Mushroom

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:27 am

I posted some info about Chlorophyll on another site and was accused of using "a performance enhancing drug" !
Semper Fi !

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:46 am

I've been using Scent Shield brand for past 3 years... I'd swear by it (robinsonoutdoors.com). It's a little hard to come by, though.

paulie

Postby paulie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:15 pm

I buy them from Puritans Pride (online), they have pretty good prices. In fact, they have a "buy one get two free" deal going right now. http://www.puritan.com/chlorophyll-598/ ... ?NewPage=1

Previous

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators