Greatest Day Ever?

Patriot

Greatest Day Ever?

Postby Patriot » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:17 am

Well folks,
Tomorrow is opening day of the MN archery season and also one of the greatest days of my life....the day my wife hunts for the very first time in her life!

Can you tell I'm just a little excited!  I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve![:)]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

MN_Prairie_Prowler

RE: Greatest Day Ever?

Postby MN_Prairie_Prowler » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:34 am

Well good luck to you Patriot and to everyone else who is headed out into the woods. Hope everyone is sucsessful not only in filling tags but in filling your mind with many memories to enjoy with family and friends.

Just remember to have fun and be safe and wear your safety harnesses.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:25 am

That's awesome Patriot....Just more memories to be made!  Also, by the sounds of it your kids aren't far behind....A whole family that hunts!  [:D]
QDM!

Swandog09

Postby Swandog09 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 am

Good luck and let me know what the formula is to get your spouse in the woods. 

I have been trying to get My wife, which I lovingly call the Governor, to come along for years.  I don't care if she hunts or not just would like her to see the woods wake one time.  She then might not give me such hard time about going.

That's why they call it hunting and not getting

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:53 am

I think what hooked her was last year when I took her with me on a warm afternoon the day after Thanksgiving.  I was fortunate enough to have a full freezer already, so we just sat down at the base of a tree in a very non strategic location.  Just enjoying the evening.

We had a nice 2.5 year old buck come right in to us (25 yards).  I almost got a shot, but he saw us. 

She loved the encounter. 

It's something we can do together now that our kids are old enough to stay at the farmhouse with grandma and grandpa while we hunt.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Return to Minnesota