Windy!!

Spurred

Windy!!

Postby Spurred » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:36 am

Man was it windy Sat and Sun! Trees were falling all around me and I didn't see a deer. Shot a doe on Monday though. Wish I could head back up for the second weekend. I think it'll be good.

Patriot

RE: Windy!!

Postby Patriot » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 am

Hey Spurred,
Yes.  The wind was nasty last weekend, consistant winds over 20 mph...with common gusts up to 30mph.  Brutal.  Glad to hear it should calm down this coming weekend.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Blake Dandurand

Postby Blake Dandurand » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:29 pm

no kidding, i hunted the river bottoms of southwest MN, and dang near got blown out of the tree, but over the two days i seen about 40 deer, and seen many through bow season. Yet other people hunting nearby said it was really slow.  Also have you guys been seeing an outragous buck to doe ratio this year? so many does per buck.

bkbowhunter08

Postby bkbowhunter08 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:37 am

i bow hutned all of firearms season near alexandria and the wind was rediculous!!! and in response to blake i've had it the other way way more bucks then does a lot of little bucks! hopefully they will live to grow up and be monsters!

Blake Dandurand

Postby Blake Dandurand » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:16 pm

wow, the heard around my neck of the woods must be really out of wack. Since deer season ended, that is what i heard from all the neighbors, is that there are a lot of does around. We got a lot of young bucks too, and like you said bkbowhunter, hopefully they grow a couple years cuz some of them were little pigs and have some potential. How was the hunting overall this last season up there in the lakes area?
"Look what venison does to a goofy guitar player from Detroit? I'm going to be 54 this year and if I had any more energy I'd scare you."
- Ted Nugent

Return to Minnesota