anybody hunting Minnesota

Postby mndeerslayer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:51 am

Is there anybody out there hunting MN ? [:)]
MNDEERSLAYER ///// FLAGGED FOR INTRUSION

Patriot

RE: anybody hunting Minnesota

Postby Patriot » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:05 pm

mndeerslayer,
I've been out quite a bit this year.  Put a nice 8pt down on opening day of bow season.  Missed a 35 yarder at a doe last weekend.

I'll be out again for some "serious" hunting over the next few weeks.....Nov. 5-7 (bow), then Nov. 8-11 (gun) and Nov 15-16 (gun).

I live just north of the Twin Cities, but do most of my hunting at my in-laws farm near Willmar (about 2.5 hours west of Twin Cities).
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

mndeerslayer

Postby mndeerslayer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:48 am

Hey Patroit are we the only two guys hunting minnesota seeing i replyed to your post earlier this month if thats true we should have lots of room & deer to pick from . 

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:30 am

Hey guys just stopped in to say hi.  I'm a MN Native who lives in NW Florida now and I hunt in SW Alabama.  It sure would be nice if we had deer down here the size they are in MN!  Good luck hunting the frozen tundra this year!  Go Vikings!

Spurred

Postby Spurred » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:35 am

I'll be up there for MN gun deer season.

mndeerslayer

Postby mndeerslayer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:40 am

Where are you from spurred ? and where do you hunt? p.s. welcome to our little section this site thanks for posting

Spurred

Postby Spurred » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:56 am

I'm from Wisconsin, but originally Minnesota. I hunt the North Shore every year with my father, who still lives up there.

mndeerslayer

Postby mndeerslayer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 am

spurred are there alot of deer up there in the zone area and is that one of the cwd zones

dewey

Postby dewey » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:59 am

Hi guys,

I am new to writing in the forum but I have a subscription to D&DH amgazine and absolutely love it.  To the issue of hunting in MN I went early season antlerless hunting October 11-12 and saw lots of deer where I go hunting in NW MN up by pembina.  I got there a day early and scouted a farmstead I had just acquired the rights to hunt to and saw a lot of deer moving around.  I saw a 6 point buck scraping the ground and going after a licking branch, a few things I have never seen before-really cool to see it up close and not on TV.  I have also put up a trail camer at my in-laws place by Detroit Lakes and have gotten a lot of images of deer.  Got some good pictures of a 5 pointer with a big body, a 8 pointer and what I think is a 10 pointer with a huge body.  The problem is that most of the pictures were between 12 and 4 am.  Do you guys know of any way to increase my odds of getting these deer to come out and "play" durring the daylight hours.  This past weekend it snowed about an inch or two at my inlaws place, my father in-law has said that there has been a lot of scrapes and rubs in the trees, so the bucks are starting to get a little feisty.

Hope this helps ayone reading this

mndeerslayer

Postby mndeerslayer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:39 am

First off welcome to the forum ! you saw a deer i'm still waiting for season to start 10 days & counting i don't have any camera's i have to hunt public land but my area looked very good 2 months ago when i put up my stands . but i use a drip bottle to lure the deer out of roaming around at nite . maybe patroit has a few tricks up his sleve i hope

Next

Return to Minnesota